Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    OOPs wrong place Here is a tip for crocheting... You don't have to spell if you use a pattern you just need to know the abbrevations.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't ever be afraid of making a mistake in crochet.

there are no mistakes. there are only embellishments to the existing patterns.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetgal View Post
    Don't ever be afraid of making a mistake in crochet.

there are no mistakes. there are only embellishments to the existing patterns.
    Oh!!! That's a GOOD one!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Never give up! If you find yourself confused, put it down for a bit so you can clear your head! You may find what you thought was tough is actually really simple ( I learned this last night).
    Don't get discouraged!
    Ask questions! There's someone always willing to help a fellow crochet addict
    Learn abbreviations!
    Always make crochet fun and relaxing!
    YouTube is a great visual resource.

6. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My crochet tip--when I am making a swatch in order to test for washing or gauge etc, I make the swatch big enough to be a wash cloth. I also use it to try out new pattern stitches. It may end up looking weird with different patterns, but it doesn't matter because I am the only one who will use it.

8. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes AuntieAlice, charlye, Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Claire just noticed your avatar love it !! Could you share the pattern with me if you have it? Thanks a bunch! Hugs Winnie

10. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea Claire I never thought of that!! Who needs to buy washcloths right? Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Claire S. That is a good idea to make it big enough for a wash clothe. I can never find my hair pin to use in my hair so I would never find them when I am crocheting. teee heee. See us old or seasoned crocheter can learn. Thanks

I use small safety pins as markers..... I also started to use them with a lettered beans that I got at Walmart to mark when
    I put my work down, I put it in the last stitch on the hook and in some other stitch so that it can't pull out. That way if I don't come back to it for a week or a year I know where I am and what size hook to use.
    charlye...
    I like your advator also. I you do share it would like one too please.
    charlye

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Count, count, count. It is very important to be counting. It saves you from frogging lots. Also bobby pins work very well for a crochet marker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charyle, About every 3 mo, I have to admit to my daughter, she needs to come over and put my computer on the right track again. I usually feed her a great dinner to put her in a good mood. She asked me the last time I asked her to supper, What is wrong with the computer? One time she told me it isn't the computer it is the operator. And that's me. Margaret