Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Mistake In My Work

I am a fairly new crocheter and am currently working on a blanket made of a continuous granny square. I finished a skein of yarn and made the mistake of just attaching a new skein with a knot. I doubled the knot, but I cut the excess yarn off too close to the knot. Now it is unraveling. This wouldn't be a problem, except its near the center and I am quite far along in the project. Is there any way that I can fix this with out unraveling all of my work? I'm quite distressed about my mistake. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lindsay, I would rip it out and redo. I don't know ony other way to fix it. sorry... does anyone else out there have any ideas ???? Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't know how to fix it other than to rip it out. But maybe someone more experienced would have an idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always rip out things after mistake... it s life
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsay02013 View Post
    I am a fairly new crocheter and am currently working on a blanket made of a continuous granny square. I finished a skein of yarn and made the mistake of just attaching a new skein with a knot. I doubled the knot, but I cut the excess yarn off too close to the knot. Now it is unraveling. This wouldn't be a problem, except its near the center and I am quite far along in the project. Is there any way that I can fix this with out unraveling all of my work? I'm quite distressed about my mistake. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
    Ripping out is best but I have been known to clip the yarn on the left side of the mistake and rip some of it out and add a new piece from of yarn from the ball , like you are joining a new color and go from there thru the part that was wrong. I would do it if you are way too far into the center of your work and would have to to rip out way too much. Hope that helps. Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 06-04-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lindsay,
    Can you just take out the new piece of yarn and then when you add the new piece of yarn again you don't have to make a knot just crochet over the end of the old piece and the beginning of the new piece or do a russian join.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Lindsay,
    Can you just take out the new piece of yarn and then when you add the new piece of yarn again you don't have to make a knot just crochet over the end of the old piece and the beginning of the new piece or do a russian join.
    Jean
    Jean sometimes I still have to knot it but if I do I leave the ends of the knotted yarn yarn long enough to hide in the finished work. IF I USE a knot I will always use a square knot and it has never unraveled for me. If you are really worried about a knot then I would rip it all out and start over. I guess it depends on how perfect you want your work to be. I usually can't find the knot when I am finished with the entire project. . Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Patty! The ladies at Project Linus have said it is best to have about 12 inches of yarn to weave in but I don't use quite that much. If you can just pull out a few stitches it may work to knot and keep going but otherwise ????

Post Thanks / Like
    I double knot also and then weave it in back and forth and through other stitches. There are times I can't find my own knots either. I have been known to rip out and restart if I see a mistake but that is me.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    A while back ( a long while back-years ago)I was crocheting a baby blanket and got so far and got stuck and pulled out the stitches in that row and there didn't seem to be enough stitches. So I tried pulling out the next few rows but because I had knotted the yarn it wouldn't pull out and I ended up cutting it below the knots thinking I could pull it out but no there were more knots so I just left it and I don't know what I'm going to do with it. and I don't like knots when crocheting because you can feel the knot(it feels bumpy) and I don't like that. and I learned that you don't have to put knots in when you're crocheting.
    Jean Marie