Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    If you click on the website for the elephant ears and scroll down a little bit further there are a couple other ones that uses 3 dpn's. I am going to try something and see if I get a straight edge. I'll get back to you.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Again Jean Marie, I looked at the elephant ears and thought that was the pattern. They are more round then the sweater semi circle. I didn't page down any further. (thanks for pointing that out) I see that one of those white ones she made the one in the middle might work. I think in crochet to increase you do so in every row but somewhere I read in knitting you increase alternate rows. That might have been my problem. I will try again. If you figure it out let me know. I appreciate all the trouble you are going through to help me with this. The last thing I knitted was that white basket weave sweater. That has been awhile so I forget the knitting rules.

Thanks so much,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I just followed the knitting pattern for the elephant ear. I did 3 wedges - rows 1-22, and then rows 2-22 two times=3 times or 3 wedges. So far I have a rectangle with a straight edge and the other side is a bit of a curve but you could stretch it if you wanted it straight (which doesn't take much to straighten it) so it would be straight on both sides.

If I read the pattern right after I did rows 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20 and turned the knitting needles for rows 3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21 I knitted the rows - example - when I was on row 8 I knitted 8 stitches and turned and for row 9 I knitted the 8 stitches, turned, and row10 I knit 7 stitches and turned for row 11 and knit the 7 stitches. Like I said you come out with a rectangle that is a little bit curved on one side and it is also a bit more bumpy but you can easily straighten it if you didn't want it curved. The other side is a nice straight edge. If you wanted to you could make it larger by casting on more stitches on the knitting needle when you start the pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Thanks for going through all that trouble that was very kind of you. I will try what you did to see if I can do it. If it works out for me I will let you know. I thought about starting with a cast on of 9 stitches like in crochet and adding the stitches for each row like crochet. Only I think where I made my mistake was increasing in each row. I need to increase alternating rows. I will try your suggestion first then mine again.

I am going to post what I have done with the semi circles and the color of the yarn so you can see it will look better knitted then in crochet.What crochet items have you made with the double crochet stitch?-semi-circles-jpg

Again thanks for all your help,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much, Myra....I'll check it out. Like so many on this site, I have young grandchildren and am really loving the amigurumi as gifts for them. Especially the rattles. I saw a suggestion of putting some buttons in a prescription bottle, duct tape it (just to make sure) and put it inside your amigurumi, so I did that in a carrot for my youngest grandson. I think I should've used a smaller hook because you can see the fiberfill in between the stitches, but he really likes it, so I'm going to try again. One of my granddaughters wants Elsa from "Frozen." Looking up patterns for that on pinterest is where I saw all these really incredible amigurumi dolls, but every single one was from someone in a different country and they either didn't have the pattern in English or just made them up, so there was no pattern at all!! Look them up some time. You'll be awed! Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    It looks good Spoula.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, That posted picture was the crochet ones. I want to make them to look just like that only in knitting. Did you notice the yarn ball. The colors are so pretty on the ball but they are not so pretty in crochet. Also the knitting is much softer and the colors blend better as the stitches are smaller. The semi circles are rather stiff so the sweater feels more like a coat then a sweater. I have decided to pull it all out and knit a hat and a little purse with this yarn. I will do the circle sweater in a plain yarn later. Right now I have started another crochet project and next I have a knitted sweater I want to make so the circle sweater might be awhile.

Thanks for all your help,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula, Those are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Leona

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnleona View Post
    Hi Spoula, Those are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Leona
    Hello mnleona, Thanks for your reply. Do you really think these fronts are pretty? I thought the yarn was pretty for a baby sweater but after I did the back and fronts (the circles are the front) I thought it was just to heavy. If you and others think it look OK maybe I will go ahead and finish the sleeves and be done with it.

I appreciate all the feed back.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the yarn you're using