Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  20
Page 7 of 15 First ... 56789 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Always... I can't sit and just watch tv. I have to be crocheting, reading or doing some type of puzzle. My husband doesn't understand how I can do both. I tell him it's multitasking haha

Post Thanks / Like
    all the time. If I'm not typing my liens in, then I am crocheting always. Crocheting is my stress reliever. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always crochet watching TV which is a huge stress reliever for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesgrandma View Post
    I crochet any opportunity I can. Except past few months I have developed tendonitis in my right hand. Hope to pick crochet hook soon.
    Hi Jakes Grandma,
    I'm sorry to hear that. How are you doing? Are you able to crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieAlice View Post
    My eyes tire from too much close work, so watching the tv while crocheting actually helps me see better, if that makes sense. Plus, I don't really lke just sitting, watching tv. Feels too much like wasted time. It's not as though the programming is all that terrific.
    Hi Auntie Alice,
    You said that watching t.v. helps you to see better. I thought about that and if you're watching t.v. you're looking farther away and resting your eyes from looking more at your crocheting. If your watching t.v. you're only glancing at your crocheting. A couple of you have said that you don't like just sitting there because it seems like a waste of time. I feel that way sometimes although sometimes there's something good on and I will just watch t.v. Channel 35 usually has something good on. If it's something that it doesn't bother me if I miss something then I'll crochet but if there's bad news or shooting,etc. on a show I'll put my crocheting down even if I want to crochet unless I'm finishing a stitch because I don't want to crochet when something bad is on. Crocheting is supposed to be fun. I don't want to associate it w/something bad. And if someone has died or something happened and someone is in critical or in the hospital to make sure they're o.k. I feel it's not right to crochet at those times. But I know that there are people in the hospital every day and there are people who are hurting and people that are starving but I still crochet unless I see something bad on t.v. Am I making sense? Sometimes I pray for people on t.v. I don't like to have the t.v. on when I crochet.
    Jean Marie
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 10-31-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
    Narria, that us a great idea. My wrists start to ache after a while of crocheting but I hate putting my work down. I'll have to try your way. :-)
    Hi Laura,
    You might want to try the thergonomic gloves, not sure what they're called. You can also exercise your hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a great idea. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am always crocheting,,,,, while l'm in car, while watching tv, and well playing on computer,,,,,,, sometimes, nothing going on at all, just crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    I pick up my needle and crochet when i sit down at night to watch tv i was just on tv for my crocheting packer hats for the newborn babies in our area hospitals i also make doll cloths crochet and sew i have fun decorating and designing the things i make

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet all the time. If I JUSTwatch tv I will fall asleep.