Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you Sew Different Colors of Granny Squares Together

How do you sew granny squares together that are different colors without it showing?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe sew them together from the back by putting the fronts together and then it will be on the back side of your squares. You could try going to google or youtube and see if you can find something useful that appeals to you. Hope this was helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put them side by side and with a needle and thread (yarn) I run a stitch in and out. It does not show and looks nice. Hope this helped.

4. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for your answers. Since my squares are different colors, I think I'll sew them together through the back loop with a color that matches one of the squares.

Shelley

6. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like a good idea Shelley.

Post Thanks / Like
    This may be too late, but I arrange the squares first to determine best placement. Find a yarn in a color that best harmonizes with all the squares and use that to join them. I use a single crochet to join them together, then finish with a single crochet all around the outer edge. You can then add another row around (maybe a shell) if you want to add extra interest. If no single color harmonizes, you can also use a variegated yarn. I put the squares back to back so that the single crochet shows effectively, but play with it and see what you like best.

ruditudi