Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  15
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

Thread: Prayer Request

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, Patti any News yet? Im on a 24/7 Pryer for you and My Moms Special Prayer. I listen to some Gospel Music with Hubby thinking of you. Please get tough as I think you are. God Bless xooxxo

My Larry is 11 days of pain yet, called into Nurse & got suggestions. He's so worn out & I am doing all I know. Love him and Gods with us All.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan, I'm so sorry Larry is in such pain and I don't mean to pry but what is the pain from? Did I see that you said the dr would not increase his pain meds?? It takes a lot to get me angry Susan but that is one of the things that does anger me when doctors won't help their patients stay out of pain. Please let me know here or pm me ok?? I will pray for him and for you right now!! God bless you both and I pray you both can get some rest. Prayers and (((hugs))) Winnie

3. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, I just read that it angers you because Doctors will not increase pain meds sometimes. I am at the limit on two of my pain meds. It is sometimes UNSAFE to take too much of certain medicines. The two I'm speaking of are for my spine and hip. I am fortunate that I have a high pain tolerance, but even then, I have a lot of pain. I have just learned to tolerate it. I would not want the consequences of taking too much pain medicine. For one thing, it does things to your mind and it can also be Fatal. I would not want either one, would you? I have faith in my Doctor and especially in my God. I know my Doctor is looking out for me and I know my God will not let the pain get so bad that I cannot stand it. He is a Loving God and we just have to Trust Him. ~ Shirly

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jo for the prayers and words of encouragement. I sing the song called "Touch Me Again Lord" you can find it on Youtube by the Martin Family and also The Inspirations. I have been wanting to get my friend to tape it sometime at church and if I can do that I will post it if it turns out good. I am not a great singer but I can carry a tune and that's more than some can say. We had one lady sing a song with out ever changing a single note and and she thought she could play the guitar too but it was also the same note over and over like someone banging on a dish pan! Bless her heart she tried and the Lord says make a joyful noise doesn't He? I guess she felt joyful and that is what counts! Her husband helped her too and he sang the same way. At least they knew the words to the song. It starts out "Life's evening sun is sinking low...." You've probably heard it ... I think it is an old one.

And Winnie I would be so glad to receive a tape of your husbands and I will play it in my car CD player and I have a combination CD player and tape player in the living room. I will look forward to getting it whenever you find them. Love and hugs, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 07-04-2014 at 08:56 AM.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,

I looked up your song on YouTube. For those of you out there who want to hear it, here is the link.

I hope this works for you, because it is such a beautiful song. Patty, now I understand your love of this song. I'd still love to hear you singing it though. May it always help you in times of need of God's healing touch.
    ~~ Big Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo,

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad your niece is doing better and hope she feels better very soon.