Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

I Crochet Every Day

Yes, I crochet every day. I started in my early 20's, then got sidetracked by life when I became a single mother. I crocheted a few things during those years for gifts, but picked up my hooks in earnest a few years ago when I joined a Prayer Shawl Ministry. What a blessing that has been. I am not one to sit idly so had to have something to be doing all the time. Now that I'm crocheting I will sit and my body gets rest while I work away with my hooks. I carry it with me everywhere I go, I crochet in the car, on an airplane, on my work lunch break -- pretty much anywhere I can sit and rest.

2. Likes catbalou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you don't waste a minute!!!!♡ debb from Southeast Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet every day. If I don't the arthritis in my hands acts up. I take my crochet with me whenever I think I will be waiting somewhere. I crochet in the evening while watching TV. I usually have at least 3 project going so I can choose what to work on. I have been surprised that they let me take even a metal crochet hook on an airplane.
    I think about crocheting all day! Thinking of new patterns and combinations.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad to hear the crochet helps your arthritis. Did I understand that right? I can't believe the TSA let you take a metal hook on a plane !!!!!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Claire S,

I am surprised they let you take a metal hook on the airplane. I once took a plastic hook, just so I could crochet! They didn't bother me about it. I love the granny square in your Avatar!! Would you be willing to share your pattern?
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Claire S View Post
    I crochet every day. If I don't the arthritis in my hands acts up. I take my crochet with me whenever I think I will be waiting somewhere. I crochet in the evening while watching TV. I usually have at least 3 project going so I can choose what to work on. I have been surprised that they let me take even a metal crochet hook on an airplane.
    I think about crocheting all day! Thinking of new patterns and combinations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone else asked for it too. I'll see if I can write it out.

8. Likes catbalou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Havent crochted in months--mainly because The crochet group I belonged to had me on plastic canvas
    But today went into my crochet that had been started and am finally finishing an afgan I started--
    Feels good to have a hook in my hands!!!

Havent been on much either since the computer has been giving me trouble--so finally gave up and got a new one--love it ---hehe just have to get used to the new format
    take care

Hestoria

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Claire S,

Thank you! You are so kind! Is it a pattern you made up?
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Claire S View Post
    Someone else asked for it too. I'll see if I can write it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will crochet everyday for a couple of months or more. Like I started last October and I made a baby outfit and then things for my granddaughter (16). she wore what I made to school and then her friends and others in the school wanted me to make stuff so I did. I stopped crocheting around the end of March. But, tomorrow I'm picking up the hook again to make a beach coverall, baby sandals, and wash cloths.

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet either every day or every other day. I am still fairly new at crocheting and I want to remember what I have learned.

I am sorry you lost your job. Somehow you will get through this time. My hope for you is you and your loved ones will have open communciation and love to give one another. Not speaking about problems can be the worst thing that can happen.

Best wishes,

Cathy