Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lesleyn View Post
    I crochet every day, usually after dinner until bedtime. I also crochet in the car (when my husband is driving!). I used to fly quite a bit and always had crocheting with me. I always have a number of projects I am working on since I crochet for our local hospital's auxiliary.

I can sympathize with you Jean Marie. I had a job working at home doing medical transcription which ended abruptly in January when the practice switched over to electronic medical records. I doubt whether I will be able to get another job since medical transcription is a dying field, but it seems I am busier than ever now and I don't miss the job at all except for the decreased income.
    Hi Lesleyn,
    They let you crochet on the plane?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry about you losing your job. To answer your question, I crochet almost every day. In fact, I started a baby afghan yesterday and finished it today. I don't always work that fast though. I have also made two face cloths this week with some white cotton yarn I found in my stash. I sometimes just can't sit still without having some to work on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet everyday as made table cloth for DD & making one for other DD that is quite large for an oval table. I also knit.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few years ago I was riding the bus in daylight and knit all the way, went from Drayton Valley, Ab to Edmonton, Ab and on to Lloydminster, on the return trip, I knit all the way from Lloyd to Edmonton and had to change buses.....a security guard insisted on seeing in everyone's carry-ons and made me throw away my six inch knitting needles, pointed on both ends, you can't possibly use them for a weapon, you can't grip them....I reported it to the news and there was a special blog about it on the news, but it didn't save my knitting needles. I even pointed out that there were men standing there with coats on and he wasn't checking them for belt knives or anything.....was pretty p'd off I'll tell you

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jo!
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet everyday, I usually have 3-4 different projects big and small going at the same time. When I fly somewhere I always take my crochet with me on the plane it's such a great way to pass the time when I don't or can't sleep. Right now I crocheting personal hand sanitizer cozy you can hook on your purse for all the women in my life for Mother's day, I have 15 completed and need about 10 more before Saturday, I think I can do it. Have a great and positive day.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been retired for 5 years now and have crocheted nearly every day since. I have arthritis in my hands but it doesn't slow me down yet. I complete a afghan or lapghan about every two to three weeks depending on the size of course. I am trying to get through my yarn stash now and not get any new yarn for awhile. Boy is that hard as there are so many wonderful yarns now. I am trying new and different styles and venturing into the more difficult patterns to challenge myself.
    If you are ready to retire, I highly recommend it, if now I wish you the best in your job hunt. Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a real newbie but I find it stimulating and relaxing, too, to crochet every day. When I'm not working on Christmas gifts, I'm practicing new stitches. Having been a technical researcher and writer for 18 years, I also spend a lot of time researching resources for free patterns. There sure are a lot!!!!! I'll make up a list and post it when I'm thru. Gotta share thiis!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,, I crochet most every day. If I do a big project, I have to take a break for awhile. I just got done crocheting a baby blanket done in granny squares to look like a teddy bear for my first great granddaughter. the pattern said baby blanket, but its big, I think it will fit of a youth bed, but its real cute. I need to embroder a smile on it yet. I love to crochet, but when it comes to picking up a needle to actually sew, I hate it. got to get it done, shes due end of this month. now taking a break, been doing little things like crocheting on the big hoop earrings or reading. Sorry to hear about your job. hope you find another one soon. Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet every day unless I am too sick to crochet and even then I may do a few stitches. I raised 4 children 3 boys and 1 daughter and honestly crocheting was my calm before the storm so to speak LOL I lost my husband 4 years ago and now I have crochet UFO's in just about every room. Shame on me. I just found your site and plan to visit it a lot.

Chelkate