Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  22

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I don't crochet daily, but several times a week. I am often tired in the evening and wait for the weekends. I started crocheting in my early twenties (or maybe it was my late teens) and pretty much stayed at the beginner/intermediate level - then in my early to mid thirties I simply stopped - life got too busy I guess and I went on to something else. Now 30 years or so later, I am back to it .... seems like my life is coming full circle It's a great hobby. Right now my idea is to make items for a Christmas gift exchange .... and I'm back to the beginner level. However, with age, I have gained more patience and am willing to try new stiches/patterns .... and the net and you tube are certainly helpful - hope you regain your zest for the craft. Sorry about your being let go from work .... my retirement is looming and I am dreading it.
    Sherry

2. Likes blueeyes68, little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do not dread your retirement!!!! When I had to go on disability from NASA I thought I would die. But there are so many opportunities!!!! I've been taking college classes, mostly ecology, biology, chemistry, and geology. There's so much to learn out there, not to mention do like gardening and crochet. You'll wonder how you ever got by before. Try to find something to help our vets. There are so many homeless it's a cryin shame. Good luck on your new career!!!! debb from Southeast Texas
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States.....