Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Feeding My Soul

I crochet nearly every day and feel disappointed if I don't get a few rows done on at least one of my wip. Trying now to get a head start on Christmas. My s-i-l and I call our crocheting food for our souls. True or not I feel better if I have created just a bit each day. Peace to all.

2. Thanks Lili thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Sorry jean about your out of work. Is it temporary ?? Lots of free time now and with summer. Doesnt help with $$ tho But enjoy Life as its wonderful
    God Bless You

susan2014
    Hi Susan,
    No, it's not temporary.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamiaow View Post
    Must.Crochet.Daily. Or I'll be a mess! It's very calming for me and I make prayer shawls for church and hats and lapghans for the VA hospital, there is always something to work on. I keep it fairly easy, and have several projects going at once. so I never get bored!
    You sound exactly like me!!! I teach a crochet class and we make the very same things! So--yes! I crochet every day--for as long as I can!

5. Thanks Lili thanked for this post
    Likes mamamiaow liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

I am sorry to hear of you being let go from your job. Just remember that God only closes one door so He can open a window! This could be a blessing in disguise, even though it doesn't feel like one to you right now. My husband retired in 2001, so I quit my job. Retirement was the most natural thing for us. Now, we don't know how we found the time to work! We are always busy. My prayers are with you.

As for me, I crochet when I have a project to work on. I try to always find things I want to make, so I am never away from crocheting very long. I find it relaxing and am able to do it in the car as well as at home. I crocheted a lot when we were on vacation earlier this year. I made two baby afghans and six bunny "PEEPS". I am more inclined to make things that don't take too long to finish. I am getting ready to make a baby sweater and hat set for our upcoming 12th granddaughter who is due in August. (Well, not 12 granddaughters, but 12th grandchild, who will be a girl.) I'm also starting on my Granny Squares for the May exchange. We have a boat, so I take my yarn with me whenever we go there and crochet while we're out on anchor for the night. I think I've written a novel here, so will stop for now. I'm loving hearing about everyone's crochet time!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

7. Thanks Lili thanked for this post
    Likes mamamiaow, catbalou, cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet every day, usually after dinner until bedtime. I also crochet in the car (when my husband is driving!). I used to fly quite a bit and always had crocheting with me. I always have a number of projects I am working on since I crochet for our local hospital's auxiliary.

I can sympathize with you Jean Marie. I had a job working at home doing medical transcription which ended abruptly in January when the practice switched over to electronic medical records. I doubt whether I will be able to get another job since medical transcription is a dying field, but it seems I am busier than ever now and I don't miss the job at all except for the decreased income.

9. Likes catbalou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use to crochet everyday but haven't crocheted in over a month. It is just to hard to do anything anymore. My husband will want something as soon as I start. It is frustrating all the times I have to put it down and then pick it back up.Then if my husband doesn't holler at me then my dog wants to jump up in my lap.
    I am so sorry you got let go from work. Maybe you are just frustrated and will pick it back up later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice,
    No, I'm not frustrated. Hope you can crochet when you want to.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    I started crocheting June 23, 2011, and since then I have crocheted every single day. Literally not a day goes by that I don't do even just a few stitches in a project. So yes, I crochet every single day =D

Post Thanks / Like
    at this time I crochet every day.....got started last winter when I was off work and couldn't do anything else....got tired of making jewellery so got out the crochet and been doing it ever since....back to work now but at a different job with fewer hours, still can't stay on my feet for a full shift so crocheting for fun and to make some extra bucks, hopefully, at summer farmer markets....so many cutsy little things to make for little kids, doing a lot of amigurmi animals in hopes of sales, small ones for summer and bigger ones to advertise for Xmas, not too profitable time-wise as they take so long to make, but they are so cute....also fool around with the patterns some cause I think an adjustment here or there would look better.....here's my latest little guy, gotta love himDo you crochet every day?-030-jpg
    Last edited by catbalou; 05-09-2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: sold him

14. Likes cybarra liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Catbalou,

He's sooo cute!!

16. Likes catbalou liked this post