Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

Thread: Crochet Problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Janie! Isn't that a wonderful feeling? I can't wait to see the picture. You will probably treasure this afghan most of all because of all you went through t complete it.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I am frustrated with what I'm working on I walk away for awhile! But is there really a "race" to finish an item? Usually you can put it off for awhile!
    Last edited by Maryjane; 03-23-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I walk away when I'm frustrated too! I do use a pin at the beginning of the row on intricate patterns! Don't be afraid to use little tricks-we all do it! And experence has nothing to do with it!

Sorry! Didn't see that I had already posted here! See we all make mistakes LOL!
    Last edited by Maryjane; 03-23-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The frustration for me currently is that I have so many things I want to get to that I can't decide...life keeps getting in my way.

5. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane,

Don't worry about responding twice. I have done it myself, sometimes I have an "after thought" and sometimes it is better then the first one.....lol.

I have noticed when I put a project down and go back to it that often I have misread the directions and it seems clearer to me then. If not then I have to take it one step at a time. Sometimes the directions aren't exactly correct and I have made my own corrections. It doesn't make that much difference unless it is clothing and has to fit. But I usually do only hats and scarves. Although I have seen a couple cute tops recently that I would mind trying one day.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi G
    By the time I finish a project my pattern is so marked up that it's hard to read! I will mark on the pattern where I left off!And I mark off the rows, etc on the pattern! One time I wanted to use the pattern again, I had to print it off again because I couldn't read the origional! It's a good thing most of my patterns are from the internet so I can print them again! Why don't you try one of those cute tops? They are crocheted the same as any other thing-one stitch at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane,

You are right, the tops are stitched one stitch at a time. I keep remembering a sweater I made years ago, I got all the pieces crocheted up, I got to the point where the sleeves were next and the pattern was so confusing, I went to someone for help who had crocheted since she was a child and she couldn't figure it out either. It left me with no desire to try clothing again. I pulled the yarn out and used it for an afghan, it was double strand. But now I have done other projects that have given me more experience so I am probably being silly.

I have messed up several patterns also. Some were in magazines, now I too use patterns off the Internet so I can keep up with them. I have started using post it notes to jot down my notes on and then get as many as I need to help keep the patterns where I can read them. If there are a lot I put them on a sheet of paper and attach it to the back of the pattern. Normally I don't need that many though.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    Judi G
    By the time I finish a project my pattern is so marked up that it's hard to read! I will mark on the pattern where I left off!And I mark off the rows, etc on the pattern! One time I wanted to use the pattern again, I had to print it off again because I couldn't read the origional! It's a good thing most of my patterns are from the internet so I can print them again! Why don't you try one of those cute tops? They are crocheted the same as any other thing-one stitch at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Woohoo!!! Good for you!