Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I give my thread to a friend of mine who puts all types of yarn together to make ripple afghans for the homeless. She says it gives her something to do and they really don't care what color they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I am not the one who started this thread, but I have to say your solution was the best one of all the rest of us that originally replied.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Scrap Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Dee-Ann View Post
    i have a great magazine for this... 'Crochet World Scrap Crochet' . Spring 2012. it has 50 projects for scraps wool.
    where can I get a copy of this magazine??? sounds very intriguing. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked this up today at the Large county Market store. $1o.oo. I don,t usually pay that much but it has 102 patterns. % hats several granny squares. decorated flipflops, purses.pot holders. several scarves,several booties & things for little ones, dishsoapcover,cami neckline coverup, rug,cat toy & pet blanket & other things.Messed up the hat numbers. their are 5.The afghans are very pretty & don,t look too complicated. I will most likely use quite a lot of the patterns in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Teresa, your local bookstore should carry it, as well as your local crafts store. Its just been released so should be on the shelves for the next couple of months.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like

Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by crochetgal View Post
    Teresa, your local bookstore should carry it, as well as your local crafts store. Its just been released so should be on the shelves for the next couple of months.
    Thanks I really appreciate the info, I will go looking for it. Maybe I can get it at Zellers seeing as they are going out of business here and everything will be 70% off.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can probably find it at Amazon or Half.com too if you can't find it locally.

Post Thanks / Like
    A gal in Church is going to bring a pattern for a small teddy bear Christmas ormament.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also love the making for the homeless shelter idea. I bet they could use hats in the winter also (if we really are going to have winter anymore. Here in AL it's more like Summer than Winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool scarfghan

When I first started to crochet I made scarves for everyone. Eventually I ran out of friends and family to give them to so I made the most interesting blanket out of scarves, aka a scarfghan. The scarves are all different textures, lengths, widths and stitches.

11. Likes Judi Gums, BamaBelleMari liked this post