Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol! Arlette. I am a teenager of the 70s too. That's probably why I thought of the choker. I wore them too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember taking pendants off of exquiste gold chains and stitching them to grosgrain ribbon to make chokers just so I could be stylish. I grew up in the deep south and the school I attended did not even allow girls to wear pants to school till my senior year (73 - 74). then only pantsuits. I look at what the girls where to day in awe and sometimes amazement that they are allowed out of the house wearing some outfits. Seems retro is in. Hmmmm! Maybe I should dig up that box of jewelry I wore in HS. Might get more ideas. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a great magazine for this... 'Crochet World Scrap Crochet' . Spring 2012. it has 50 projects for scraps wool.

4. Likes Janine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    great idea Dee-Ann! I've not yet seen the spring magazine issues so this is one that I'll have to watch for!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my scrap yarn/cotton to make potholders, dishclothes/facecloths, mittens, even hats. If you have enough make a matching scarf. "Spare" yarn is also good for making squares for an afghan, so you will get the look of ....oh maybe a stained glass look with afghan once they are crocheted/sewn together with black.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Yarnmiss,

Thank you for your ideas!! What a great idea with the black. I could do the same black edge with quilting odd squares together. I am still working on my crocheted hat project for missions. I taught the young gals and the some of the retired ladies at our church to crochet. It is so interesting to watch someone struggle with the techniques and then say I GOT IT with such a smile. I taught one friend named Debbie and she was made now 20 hats and she is just thrilled she found a new hobby.

Post Thanks / Like
    go to K&C Klassy Creations on facebook. there's a dust mitt there that you can use your left overs in. cute idea especially if you have little helpers. just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

Scrap Yarn solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    I can't seem to discard yarn leftover from projects. Yet, there seems to never be enough left to make anything useful. Sometimes it’s part of a skein, sometime it's one or 2 skeins. I have made many granny square afghans to use these up but I am tired of doing that. Anyone have any suggestions for fun projects that just take 1 skein of yarn or less or maybe several if combining more than one color?
    why not try to make some dishcloths, potholders, dishsoap covers, mini-doilies if its thread leftover. I have a few patterns that I have created if you want some samples. Teresa, yarnmiss57@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were looking for something to do with scrap yarn, the place I would go is Ravelry. The advanced search options on their site is amazing. I have found some of the most beautiful and different patterns there. I am pretty sure there is a search link for smaller amounts of yarn and more than likely a lot of patterns for just the thing you are looking for. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    There have been so many wonderful suggestions made in this thread. I've been keeping a list of many of the suggestions I want to try ans sites I want to visit. I think my crochet to-do list is a mile long.