Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011

Post Thanks / Like
    Really great idea so unique!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a comment on one of the forums That didn,t sound very nice. I commented about buying yarn at yard sales because it didn,t matter because it was for charity anyway. Didn, sound to nice & I didn,t mean it like it sounds. My meaning was you get lots of odds & ends od colors & types of yarn at yard sales & youm can make scrapm afghans, granny sqs ,potholders, beanies for children & adults with the scraps.Hope that explanes it & it gets back to the site I used. Couldn,t remember it .Trying to do this with a cat sitting on m y mouse hand. Sorry for the mistakes.

3. Likes BamaBelleMari liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    I made a comment on one of the forums That didn,t sound very nice. I commented about buying yarn at yard sales because it didn,t matter because it was for charity anyway. Didn, sound to nice & I didn,t mean it like it sounds. My meaning was you get lots of odds & ends od colors & types of yarn at yard sales & youm can make scrapm afghans, granny sqs ,potholders, beanies for children & adults with the scraps.Hope that explanes it & it gets back to the site I used. Couldn,t remember it .Trying to do this with a cat sitting on m y mouse hand. Sorry for the mistakes.
    Ladybug,

There are some children and adults who have nothing. Even if we make items from scrap yarn that may not be perfect, they can be very thankful for it. Some people live on the streets and do not have the ability to have their clothing washed, but are thankful for the clothes on their backs. Using recycled yarn is a great thing in most situations.

5. Likes Judi Gums, BamaBelleMari liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladybug,

I understood what you meant by your post. Some people take offense to every comment any more. You are a special lady just to take the time to crochet what you do for the people in need. You were just trying to give good advice. There are soo many people in need right now--like the tornado victims. Really these days every thing is so matchy matchy and people with the means don't want just anything. Our Church ladies are making hats for Brazil because these people have little or no heat in the winter. This type of situation is perfect for what you are talking about. Having the warmth for them is much much important than the color or style. A couple of years ago this neighbor Mrs. Jackson of my Mom's passed on. Well, her picky daughter came in and took about three bags of items and then she called Good Will to take the rest. There was no sentimental value to the daughter who had everything she wanted was given. Good Will shoppers had very good quality items for very little cost and Mrs. Jackson's items were a blessing to many.

Post Thanks / Like
    Closed thread due to length. Feel free to create a new thread within the main category. If you need help with anything, please let me know. Thank you!