Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems I crochet a little every day. I,m retired. Responsible only for myself so can do it whenever. I help a flowershop when they need me. Getting ready for Valentines day now.I,ve been doing hats of all sizes for a nursery ,school nd charity Org. at Christmas. Think I made about 135 all together. Will start another round. Also made 6 in sqs for a Share a Square afghan. Its on the last leg of being completed now. 150 of them for a cancer camp calle d Camp Quality. We take 50 to each camp. Did 3 of them last year. Not sure we,ll be doing them unless the lady who puts them together can find some help putting them together next yr. Big job. This was her 3rd goround. She,s tired. Rightly so. She also delivered last yrs to Ark,La. & Texas where she lives. Going to Ill this yr.Near Chicago.Love to read but had to curtail that a littlew bit as the eyes are slowly going. But I enjoy making things. Do Christmas wreaths & centerpieces from silk greens. Do 2 craft shows a year. Hope I can do at least 1 more yr.

2. Likes Barbara G., A Happy Hooker liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW Ladybug,
    You have been a busy lady!!!! Keep up the GOOD WORK!! Volunteers have BIG HEARTS!!! Your heart must be HUGE!!! YOU HAVE BLESSED MANY PEOPLE!!
    Whenever asked what difference can one person do I will think of you LadyBug!! God Bless you and I hope your eyes keep stay healthy so you can continue being a blessing.

Hugs and Prayers coming your way!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree!
    You are such an inspiration!

Post Thanks / Like
    Patti,

I lived at Pine Bluff Arsenal for almost 4yrs in the 1980's. AR a beautiful state. One of my best friends here in AL is from Little Rock. We used to go to the Air Base near Little Rock all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey BamaBelleMari!

Thanks for the compliment. I live in far (and I mean far as in almost in the boot heel of MO and almost on the Mississippi River) Northeastern part of Arkansas where it's not quite as hilly as LR (as flat as PB) .

Are you in the hilly or flat part of Alabam?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti,

Yes it is a beautiful part of AL reminds me of the Bentonville part of AR. I am orginally from Northern Minnesota and I love it there in the summer great weatehr and wonderful summer activites.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you all. crocheting keeps me busy and off the street. ha!ha!.

Post Thanks / Like
    I probably spend the time equivalent to a 'normal work day' on crochet every day... I am off work for medical reasons, and I find crochet to be helpful & relaxing. While I've only just learned, I seem to be somewhat addicted & can't make too many hats, dishcloths & cowls! I also recently saw an advert for pattern testing a shawl, so that's what's on the hook at the moment...

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually spend about five to six hours crocheting a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. My husband was asking me just last night how much time I spend working on projects (he is trying to convince our daughter and me to set up a website and sell our work) and I actually have no idea. It depends on what I am making and how complicated the pattern. I prefer children's clothing, hats or scarves, but also really like filet crochet in the form of baby afghans. So, I have no real set time for what I do. I work on projects while in the car, watching tv, or listening to music. I can't put a price on my work. Most of it is done as gifts or just for love. Our daughter makes beautiful personalized afghans. We are both going to try hour hands at pet coats next. I found a pattern for a puppy shrug that is adorable!

12. Likes Patti Hale liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Magnolia,

Go to Etsy - Your place to buy and sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies It is a web site set up to sell homemade items. i have seen crocheted items on it so may be you can get some idea for pricing. I sell my doll clothes and other crafts at craft shows in the fall. the money I make is used for buying supplies for gifts and volunteer work that I like to do.