Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Kai-Sensei! Having a laptop has cut down on both my crocheting time and my tv watching. I start out to watch a program but get engrossed in what I have found on the internet instead.

When I do crochet, it's usually while watching tv which is not every night because, like you say, I have internet to check on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti Hale View Post
    I agree Kai-Sensei! Having a laptop has cut down on both my crocheting time and my tv watching. I start out to watch a program but get engrossed in what I have found on the internet instead.

When I do crochet, it's usually while watching tv which is not every night because, like you say, I have internet to check on.
    Its really a challenge I swear. Read book, Watch TV, Surf/chat on net, or crochet! LOL. I almost always end up choosing the internet. Which is why I'm having withdrawal pains right now. Ever since this huge Typhoon hit our country, we lost internet connection. Its been almost a week now and I'm getting frustrated coz I have a lot of writing/blogging projects on going and its hard to do it when you aren't at home. Right now the only reason I can post is coz I can go online at our church or at my workplace.

Internet connection will be restored on Monday. Still thats a long way off. Yes I know, I'm a bit addicted. LOL which is why I vent my frustration out through crocheting. The good thing about that is at least I feel accomplished coz I made 2 berets. Yay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! A typhoon! I feel so ignorant because I had no idea. One problem of my tunnel vision is I do miss some things I definitely should be paying more attention too. Like you, I have blogs, writing projects that keep my focus and I really do need to be crocheting more in order to be ready for Christmas! I can't imagine being without internet for a week though. How awful for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but wouldn't it be peaceful and quiet. Best crochet time available. Don't need to feel pressured to reply to emails, blogs, facebook and twitter. I think we should keep track of the time spent on the computer. I am sure we would be surprised.

5. Likes taral liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You're right about that Misty. Sometimes, each of us needs some quiet time to reflect, and I feel it's something that this generation is actually missing. I really miss those times when we were in the province and it would be so quiet at night and you would only hear the humming of the crickets to put you to sleep. Nowadays, since we're living here in the city, my "relax" or quiet time is in front of the television crocheting about an hour or two before sleeping. Then the "more quiet" time is just reflecting on the day I had, once I get to lie down shortly before finally dozing off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

Since I am officially retired now I have a lot of time for crocheting and Internet it seems. My husband is younger then I am and is still in the workforce. This allows me some huge amounts of time per day to crochet. Sometimes I don't do as much on the weekends when he is home, but I usually squeeze a little in watching TV at night.

I do think I have gotten addicted to my crochet time at this point. I find I miss it when I don't get a chance to do much for a couple days. It gives me a good way of keeping my mind occupied and working on patterns rather then just stuck in front of the TV all the time. I wish I could get my daughter or grand daughter to sit down long enough to learn it, but it moves to slow for them at this point in their lives. I didn't start crocheting until I was expecting my first child.
    Both of my grandmothers crochet, but unfortunately I didn't live close enough to them to learn from them as a child.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    HI,
    I just started crocheting again after many years break. I am crocheting alot now as I have a project of making as many hats as I can for a friends mission trip to Brazil in June. Hats of any kind, color and size. So I have used up any stray yarn I had--I have mixed and matched the colors so it is a cheap hobby really. My Grandmother taught me to knit and crochet--she would even knit sweaters and do lots of cabling. I can only do the basics but I love to relax and just use a starter pattern then play with the patterns and come up with something unique. i have made 5 hats this week. Really hats can take me a hour to two hours to finish. I have been trying thread crochet and really admire woman who to the make those big crocheted table dressing--dollies and things. I plan to make 25 hats in the next few months.

9. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow BabmaBelleMarie!

You're good! And, Fast! I do like to change a pattern up like you say and make the pattern my own.Still not all that good at changing colors although it's been explained to me so I need to get better at that.

So are the hats to sell to raise money for the mission trip or to take to the people in Brazil?

Post Thanks / Like
    How many hours per week? That's hard to say. I try to spend at least 6 - 8 hours each day with a hook in my hand if at all possible. Most of my work falls into one of 3 categories - 1) special orders that have a deadline, 2) blankets that will be donated to Project Linus and 3) projects that I'm working on for the shop.

Lately its not often that I have much time to make anything for myself. However, I'm dying to design another sweater pattern. Maybe I'll get a chance to do that over the summer.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

12. Likes Patti Hale liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would guess I crochet about 5-6 hours a week at this point. It is difficult because I watch my 2-year old granddaughter in the evenings, the time when I could crochet, and she always wants to be on Grandma's lap. I don't mind too much. These times will be gone before I know it.

14. Likes Judi Gums liked this post