Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    You sound like you are one of "those" people, who are super organized, and I gotta tell you,, I DO ADMIRE that sooooo much. Now how do you file your flash drives with all the info? I'm sure you have a way of labeling those and keeping them organized.

Post Thanks / Like
    I file them by topic- first I have sewing, knit and crochet files. Then inside them I group-like crochet has Afghans, baby, hats and mittens, shrugs and shawls etc. It depends on your interests and what patterns you like to save, I do have one file under knit and crochet called toys and dolls, and another called household for doilies or other odds and ends that do not fit in other categories. I hope this helps you. When the down loads come into the download file, I move them to the appropriate file and make sure it has a name I will understand without having to open and look at each picture of the file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patience for sure. It took me a while and now no problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you label each drive? So you don't have to put each one in to see which one it is? How do you do that?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree! I really don't like Ravalry just for that reason. It's like "bait and switch" . I've only been successful a couple of times I think it's because the person posting is honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I must be missing it too. I have yet to be successful in downloading a free ravelry pattern. I'm still tryibng to figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I label each pattern so I do not have to open it unless I am trying to decide which afghan I want to try. Then I might open a few until I decide. Pictures do help. If it is a granny square pattern , I call it by the name given by the designer then 'granny', or add a word that helps describe it to limit my having to open ones not what I am looking for. I hope that helps. INside the Baby file, I have another grouping of files. One is baby' blankets', 'toys', 'sweaters and jackets', 'hats' . So when I am looking for baby toys I know where they all are. Do you know how to move files around so you do not have duplicates, and do you know how to rename them? That will help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I already do this with music and the external hard drive, so I should figure this one out quickly. Thanks so much

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeborahAnn View Post
    Yes I do a lot. I crochet ( Take Home Outfits ) for babies in need. I donate them to a hospital that I knew was in need. I make 15-20 outfits a month. I like to try out different patterns.
    However I do have way more patterns than I will ever need and I still keep adding to them. LOL Instead of a yarn stash I have a pattern stash. LOL

Do you ever make cocoons? I am making my first one now for a friend's first baby. I chose the simplest pattern. Wish I'd known about these when I had my two boys years ago ( thy are 27 and 37!!!!)

Thank you for your good works!!!!! I am fixing to start making items for my fellow veterans who are homeless. I think hats and scarves for the winter or throws would be appreviated along with a pack of smokes. Any suggestions? debbbarr from Southeast Texas
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Thank you so much for the great video, Charles! I had saved so many Ravelry patterns, only I saved them in a file on my desktop, not in my Ravelry Library. My laptop crashed and is ruined... and so is my huge collection of patterns that I'd saved. I lost them all because I didn't save them in my Library. Big lesson learned for me.

Shelley

GOOD LESSON FOR ME!!!!! debbbarr from Southeast Yexas
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States.....