Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Unknotted chain

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I always start with doing two chains then pull tight. It will make an end that does not come undone. If you have to start over just pull and all comes undone. Very good for beginers also. I hope this helps. Also when making a circle you can lay tale on top of circle and crochet over top so nothing shows.
    Good luck. I hope you find your answer

Post Thanks / Like
    Billebob,

Thank you. I will try that. I was going with my usual way, a slip knot to begin my chain. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye,

Thanms for the advice. Am fairly new to crocheting so I take all the advice I can get.

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to everyone on your help and advice. Also sorry for typos...contacts in...only good for far away and don't have my cheaters handy.

HappyFriday

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    If you start with a magic circle you avoid having a slip knot.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

Post Thanks / Like

I might know this

I believe I know what "unknotted chain" means - I ran across this on a website that of course I can't remember now. You have the hook in your hand. 1. Put the yarn semi around the hook, the end of the yarn being under the hook. 2. Take the end of the yarn and put it over the top of the yarn (loop made). 3 & 4. Now take your hook and pull a loop through the loop just made. 5.Continue with chains as pattern requires. If you pull the tail end, you will make a knot. This technique is great for crocheting something you don't want a knot in.
    Unknotted chain-sany0518-jpgUnknotted chain-sany0519-jpgUnknotted chain-sany0520-jpgUnknotted chain-sany0522-jpgUnknotted chain-sany0523-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds to me like this is a "magic ring". Here's a link to how you do it. There are also videos on youtube. I hope this helps! http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Tutori...e-Magic-Circle