Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Even strips or uneven????

I love to make afghans, but I normally never make even stripes. I find it keeps my attention better to do more of an uneven stripe pattern. I recently made a ripple that the customer wanted in even strips. I thought it would never get finished.
    Just wondering if anyone else feels like this.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I like mine even---i made a white and gold bedspread all even stripes I sold it

Post Thanks / Like
    I like doing both, sometimes I have colors that just look better evenly striped, other times they are random. I find, though, if they are evenly striped, I like it better with three colors at least. Right now I am doing one with four colors and striping them evenly but in a different way.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    THere are two ways to deal with stripe boredom if you like uneven widths. First you can take between 8 and 16 pennies in your fist or in a cup. Throw them across a tablecloth and whatever number of heads land face up, that's how many stripes you make in that color.
    The other thing is to go to this website and click on all the colors that match all the yarns you want to use in the project. Then select the minimum # of rows per color and the maximum number of rows and click on "generate". There is a picture and text instructions. You can use the SHIFT or CTRL keys and at the same time click on PrtScr (usually somewhere at the top right of the keyboard as a special function of a key) and this saves the picture your computer's clipboard. Then you can open MSWord or MSPaint and using CTRL+V you can paste the stripe diagram to your computer. If someone would like a video of how to do this let me know and I'll make one.