Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Shawl

Post Thanks / Like

Shawl

Hi, Hoping to find a crochet pattern for a shawl. I would like to make them for the nursing home. The elderly seem to be chilly and with a shawl it would keep them warmer. I would like a pattern that is simple if available. Thank You

2. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've made a lot of shawls over the past few years. Mostly, I just make a large rectangle without using a pattern. I've also made a few that I found the free patterns on Pinterest. I recently ran across this pattern that I'd love to make!

Log In / Join the Lion Brand community to get free knitting and free crochet patterns and more!

There are also a lot of free shawl patterns at ravelry.com.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks CrochetingNanaOfFive thanked for this post
    Likes CrochetingNanaOfFive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Join all Free Crochet (Hooked on Crochet). That's where I have found the most shawls. But the easy and quickest shawl I make is without a pattern. 22 inches wide, using double crochet or half-double crochet (which takes a little longer but has less "air" in it); length is 60 inches or a little longer. I use myself (5'4") as the model. I sit down and make sure the shawl goes around me to each knee. Some I add tassels and others I don't.

Post Thanks / Like

shawl

I have made quite a few "wheelchair shawls" from a pattern that was posted on CT a while back. It's a simple pattern once you make it once, you'll be able to make them pretty quickly. I make them and donate them to a local nursing home that our church works with. I am terrible because I don't remember who posted this but it is the best wrap for wheelchair patients because it stays on the shoulders but is just the right length to keep from binding up in the back. The site you can find the pattern is:
    Wheelchair Wrap - Media - Crochet Me
    The pattern calls for 12 ozs. of yarn but I crochet loosely and find that I use between 13 and 14 ozs. I like using the Red Hear with Love yarn because it is very soft and can be machine washed and dried which is important for wheelchair patients who are confined to a nursing home or hospital. Hugs, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

8. Likes Lissacc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw them tonight while surfing, and I think it was on www.favecrafts.com. It looked pretty simple to me and I've barely gotten to the intermediate level! Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Shawl patterns

My favorite triangular shawl is from a book and that can't be shared, but many of the members in our crochet group simply crochet a long rectangle for a shawl. It should be the width from fingertip to fingertip with arms stretched out to the sides.
    Look in JoAnn's or other craft stores for pattern books or online. There are so many right at our fingertips!
    Just found my shawl booklet. It's an Annie's Attic named Quick to Stitch Prayer Shawls. It includes some prayers. I think you will like this.
    Warm regards,
    Susan
    Last edited by susanvanzandt; 04-17-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you haven't gotten enough links to patterns for shawls here's another one http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/true-friend-shawl Redheart has so many beautiful patterns and free at that! Always a WIN WIN situation! <3