Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi, I haven't tried the technique yet but whenever I do I will let you all know how it goes. I feel the same way as you do about using credit and I always use my debit card without any problem. I haven't written a check in more than 6 years. I don't miss the bills coming in or the temptation of wanting it all. I have an irresistible urge to touch really nice looking yarn when I walk through that section of Joann's. My daughter said she has found a new yarn store and I am chomping at the bit wanting to go there... When purchasing books online I will only do it when there is a good sale and I believe this one was on a 40% off sale... later...beverly

2. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Beverly,
    It's nice to know there is someone else who feel the same as I do about credit. We got off that treadmill and it is so nice.

Ewwww, a new yarn store, doesn't that sound fun. I too like to see and feel the yarn before I decide on it. I watched a video that Vanna White did once and she said she too likes to go to the store and make her choice. The yarn company offered to send her what ever she wanted, but she still liked the shopping experience. It's just fun.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Beviboo View Post
    Hi Judi, I haven't tried the technique yet but whenever I do I will let you all know how it goes. I feel the same way as you do about using credit and I always use my debit card without any problem. I haven't written a check in more than 6 years. I don't miss the bills coming in or the temptation of wanting it all. I have an irresistible urge to touch really nice looking yarn when I walk through that section of Joann's. My daughter said she has found a new yarn store and I am chomping at the bit wanting to go there... When purchasing books online I will only do it when there is a good sale and I believe this one was on a 40% off sale... later...beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished crocheting a dragon fly, had it sitting on my kitchen table. My 27 year old nephew saw it and wanted me to corchet him one. That's pretty cool when you can catch the attention of a male family member and get their interest. Made my day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started carseat blankets for my twin grand daughters . I've finished all the baby hats I was working on, grand total of 23 hats, 2 cocoons with matching hats, 2 burial wraps and 2 blankets to be mailed out Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duckie, What is a burial wrap...is is what it sounds like?

beverly

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hi Judi it's me Angel again...

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Hi again Angel,

I have seen the cat abstract pattern but haven't tried it yet. Maybe one of these days I will get to that one. Problem is there is just so much to choose from and not enough time. Hah!

I stick mostly to afghans, scarves, hats and doilies. I just haven't gotten into making sweaters at all. And I haven't had any babies in my family in many years now to make for. I have done a few baby hats to give to the hospitals for shaken baby syndrome drive they were having. I belong to two different groups who donate to different groups. I enjoy doing that, makes me feel like I am giving back a little something.

Wow, 168 different colored flowers in an afghan, I know that must be very pretty. I just don't like to stitch pieces together. I like my crocheting better then my hand sewing, hah.

Keep us informed on your projects please, it gives me a lot of inspiration hearing about what other are working on.

Judi
    Yeah I know what you mean about sewing stuff. That is my least favorite thing in the whole world but it never fails...the projects I pick out it seems there's always some kind of sewing to be done. EEEEK! My husband usually hears about it too when I get to that point...like " have I told you lately that I absolutely hate to sew"??? But the great thing about putting those 168 flowers together is I didn't sew them I tied them together with the yarn and I crocheted the border around them all when I finished. It turned out just like a trellis would look. The ends after I tied them together I frayed to look like dangling vines. It was gorgeous! That was my own design because I didn't like the way they wanted to put it together.
    Yeah I agree there are so many wonderful afghan patterns out there to crochet. I know I would love to make more of them as well. Sometimes it's nice to have one on the back burner handy for in between times when your tired of working on your main project and just wanna break...something simple, calming but not in a rush to finish just to break up the monotony. It gets done, but it's also like therapy as you go. I don't know...I know sounds weird...but it works.
    Well when things settle down here (long story) I will start making stuff for charity. I am very much looking forward to it.
    Good to hear from you Judi.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Angel,
    Your flower afghan sounds very nice. I am working on a pattern I have made up and tweaking it some. I used all DC the first afghan I made of it with only the 3 border stitches in HDC, but I have decided with this yarn so thick and the variegated so much thinner (even though it is suppose to all be 4 ply) I needed to use HDC every where. If I ever get it written down I will pass it along one day. It's easier for me to just do it then to write the pattern down for some reason.

I do like the fact that in crochet it is so easy to make the changes I like, and not have to stick to close to the pattern when I don't like a certain part of it. That's how we come up with new patterns I guess. I also like to take parts of one pattern and mix it with part of another pattern. Sometimes I forget what I have done when I go back to it though, so I really must get better and making written directions.

Happy stitching.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by soulangela2j View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean about sewing stuff. That is my least favorite thing in the whole world but it never fails...the projects I pick out it seems there's always some kind of sewing to be done. EEEEK! My husband usually hears about it too when I get to that point...like " have I told you lately that I absolutely hate to sew"??? But the great thing about putting those 168 flowers together is I didn't sew them I tied them together with the yarn and I crocheted the border around them all when I finished. It turned out just like a trellis would look. The ends after I tied them together I frayed to look like dangling vines. It was gorgeous! That was my own design because I didn't like the way they wanted to put it together.
    Yeah I agree there are so many wonderful afghan patterns out there to crochet. I know I would love to make more of them as well. Sometimes it's nice to have one on the back burner handy for in between times when your tired of working on your main project and just wanna break...something simple, calming but not in a rush to finish just to break up the monotony. It gets done, but it's also like therapy as you go. I don't know...I know sounds weird...but it works.
    Well when things settle down here (long story) I will start making stuff for charity. I am very much looking forward to it.
    Good to hear from you Judi.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beviboo View Post
    Duckie, What is a burial wrap...is is what it sounds like?

beverly
    I am wondering that myself.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread closed due to length. Feel free to post a new discussion thread within the main category. Let me know if you need any help with anything. Thank you!