Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today, I've been working on a bedspread I actually started about a year ago, but haven't worked on in some time. I'll be done someday

2. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Judi

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Hi Soulangela2j,

I love hearing about all the nice things you have been making for your daughter and granddaughters. I have only made up a swatch of the crocodile stitch. I watched the tutorials on Youtube to learn it and have been looking for the right project to work it up in. I love it too.

I am nearly finished with my latest afghan in the wave stitch, which is one of my favorites as of late. It is Dark Orchid and it really is beautiful if I do say so myself. I have another one in the same color that is going to my aunt and uncle who live in Wisconsin as soon as I finish this one. This one is done in the Herringbone stitch and I love it too.

Next I have another afghan to get started on for a friends daughters wedding that is suppose to be this spring, but since she went to school 5 hours away we are all wondering when it will be for sure. I still want it done for her though for when ever. that one I am doing in a stitch that I thought up (at least I haven't seen it any where, but it wouldn't surprise me if others have been doing it. I work it similar to the granny stitching, only in rows and not in the round as a granny. To fill in the spaces I work the center stitch in the row below which pulls it together leaving no spaces. It makes a nice heavy afghan and gives it a nice texture. I made one for one of my grandsons out of it and he loves it.

Thanks for sharing,
    Judi G
    Wow your afghans sound wonderful! I've never done the wave stitch in an afghan but I have with other projects. I love it tho' and I have lots of afghan patterns I could make with it but just haven't gotten around to it yet. But I'm sure I will. The afghan you're making for your friend's daughter sounds cool as well. I bet it looks great . I made a couple afghans for our couches one with the cat abstract look (looks like cats sitting in a row) and the other one was made with 168 different colored crocheted flowers tied together with yarn and a wide crocheted border.
    My oldest daughter will be having our fourth grandchild in June. She doesn't know what it is yet but I will be making a layette for the baby as well as soon as I find out what colors to use and which pattern I want to make. I have so many to choose from. I guess it will narrow it down tho depending on the gender since of course I have tonz of patterns for baby girls since I have three granddaughters! But I don't have that many for boys. I absolutely love making the baby girl lacy, frilly dresses! I can't help it they're so beautiful and elegant looking. Ny daughter really wants a boy, she's already got a girl and my other daughter has the other two girls, but I told her not to be disappointed if she gets another girl. They seem to run in the family. She's determined tho. She tells everybody it's a boy. Been there, done that and I still got three girls. And three granddaughters! HEE HEE! And I love them all very much!
    It was great hearing from you Judi. Thank you.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again Angel,

I have seen the cat abstract pattern but haven't tried it yet. Maybe one of these days I will get to that one. Problem is there is just so much to choose from and not enough time. Hah!

I stick mostly to afghans, scarves, hats and doilies. I just haven't gotten into making sweaters at all. And I haven't had any babies in my family in many years now to make for. I have done a few baby hats to give to the hospitals for shaken baby syndrome drive they were having. I belong to two different groups who donate to different groups. I enjoy doing that, makes me feel like I am giving back a little something.

Wow, 168 different colored flowers in an afghan, I know that must be very pretty. I just don't like to stitch pieces together. I like my crocheting better then my hand sewing, hah.

Keep us informed on your projects please, it gives me a lot of inspiration hearing about what other are working on.

Judi

Quote Originally Posted by soulangela2j View Post
    Wow your afghans sound wonderful! I've never done the wave stitch in an afghan but I have with other projects. I love it tho' and I have lots of afghan patterns I could make with it but just haven't gotten around to it yet. But I'm sure I will. The afghan you're making for your friend's daughter sounds cool as well. I bet it looks great . I made a couple afghans for our couches one with the cat abstract look (looks like cats sitting in a row) and the other one was made with 168 different colored crocheted flowers tied together with yarn and a wide crocheted border.
    My oldest daughter will be having our fourth grandchild in June. She doesn't know what it is yet but I will be making a layette for the baby as well as soon as I find out what colors to use and which pattern I want to make. I have so many to choose from. I guess it will narrow it down tho depending on the gender since of course I have tonz of patterns for baby girls since I have three granddaughters! But I don't have that many for boys. I absolutely love making the baby girl lacy, frilly dresses! I can't help it they're so beautiful and elegant looking. Ny daughter really wants a boy, she's already got a girl and my other daughter has the other two girls, but I told her not to be disappointed if she gets another girl. They seem to run in the family. She's determined tho. She tells everybody it's a boy. Been there, done that and I still got three girls. And three granddaughters! HEE HEE! And I love them all very much!
    It was great hearing from you Judi. Thank you.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi... I just received a new crochet book that might interest you... It is called 'Seamless Crochet.' It is all about the technique of crocheting motifs for 'join-as-you-go' designs. That way you can create those great motify type afghans, you don't have all the ends to tie in. The book comes with a CD to help explain the technique. Not only are there a lot of patterns, it also explains how to adapt any pattern. It looks a bit challenging but like all things...that is where the satisfaction is sometimes... hope this helps you...beverly

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Hi again Angel,

I have seen the cat abstract pattern but haven't tried it yet. Maybe one of these days I will get to that one. Problem is there is just so much to choose from and not enough time. Hah!

I stick mostly to afghans, scarves, hats and doilies. I just haven't gotten into making sweaters at all. And I haven't had any babies in my family in many years now to make for. I have done a few baby hats to give to the hospitals for shaken baby syndrome drive they were having. I belong to two different groups who donate to different groups. I enjoy doing that, makes me feel like I am giving back a little something.

Wow, 168 different colored flowers in an afghan, I know that must be very pretty. I just don't like to stitch pieces together. I like my crocheting better then my hand sewing, hah.

Keep us informed on your projects please, it gives me a lot of inspiration hearing about what other are working on.

Judi

Post Thanks / Like
    Working on another baby blanket, finished a cocoon, and 3 baby hats already, I've a pretty good sized box almost ready to mail to the hospital.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again Beverly,

Thanks for the heads up on the new book. I will have to keep my eyes open for it. I wonder if Michaels carries that. I have problems making purchases on line, as many places don't take my debit card. We worked hard to get rid of our charge cards and there isn't anything worth getting back into that rut to me.....lol. I'll check out the two craft catalogues that I have here also. I know it sound like we are going back into the stone ages, but it is sure nice not to have the bills coming in for them. And it is a way I have of keeping my spending under control....other wise I might be tempted to purchase every skein of yarn that I find on sale....lol.

I finished the wave stitch afghan last night and started the new one for my friends daughters wedding gift. This one will take me a little longer to do as I am making it much larger. I am making it in the stitch that I thought up when making all the granny afghans for the local nursing homes. Plus I have some scarf and hats already worked up to donate to the other club for the homeless shelter.

It's raining and dark here today.......a good day to crochet.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Beviboo View Post
    Hi Judi... I just received a new crochet book that might interest you... It is called 'Seamless Crochet.' It is all about the technique of crocheting motifs for 'join-as-you-go' designs. That way you can create those great motify type afghans, you don't have all the ends to tie in. The book comes with a CD to help explain the technique. Not only are there a lot of patterns, it also explains how to adapt any pattern. It looks a bit challenging but like all things...that is where the satisfaction is sometimes... hope this helps you...beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Again Beverly,

I think I just sent one reply to computer outer space. So here it goes again. Sorry if I duplicate.

I did look up the book online, and I have seen it before but didn't know anyone who had a copy of it. Have you tried any of the techniques? Let me know how you like them

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Beviboo View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Today, I am crocheting a one-piece Barbie swimsuit in gold thread. I'd love to use the crocodile stitch to make a mermaid outfit....that's next on my list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that would be perfect for that. I'll bet it will be really cute.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat View Post
    Today, I am crocheting a one-piece Barbie swimsuit in gold thread. I'd love to use the crocodile stitch to make a mermaid outfit....that's next on my list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Id llike to make "vibrandt market tote" by Boye. Its a simplicity creative group. It calls for 40 sc for the bottom BUT...The lower bag body says to "Pick up to sc 140 sts arount in ca. Ok do I just stitch and chain one around and hope I get 140? Please help I am leaving on a trip tomorrow and want to start it in the car. I love to crochet and ride. Thanks