Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'll have to post pictures of some of your finger puppets. They sound cute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sweet Magnolia,
    It sounds like you have a never ending group in your family to be crocheting for. I love the Melonberry you are using, I also made one of my grand daughters an afghan out of it about a year ago and she loves it.

I have been making one large granny square, I do love the little blocks but I just don't like sewing them together, so this works out well for me.

Congratulations on all the new additions to your family.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Magnolia View Post
    I am working on an afghan for one of my "newly acquired" granddaughters. The main color is actually Red Heart's Melonberry, a variegated various pinks, lavendar and gold. I am alternating rows of solid color yarn in the colors in the variegated. It is a big granny square and so far it is really working out nice. I say "newly acquired" because my son recently married a lady with five girls and one boy, and he has custody of his young son. I got all their birthdays and favorite colors and they all want one of "Grammy's blankets". Oh, my son and his wife also recently gave me another granddaughter who is two months old. She has a new hat that has heart shaped ear flaps - also "Grammy" made!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm basically trying to finish all my WIP. I have hats, and blankets started for my charity crocheting and knitting. I'm scheduled for open heart surgery in April and trying to finish everything up before my twin grand babies are born in March. Going to be too busy after they're born to work on anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working up a new blanket for the babies in the Linus Project. I've poured through all the "freebie" patterns and have yet to make a "repeat" pattern. It's great.

Post Thanks / Like
    duckie43, I will sure keep you in my prayers during your upcoming surgery.

It sometimes takes something to push me along to finish up some of my WIP's. Keep on plugging along.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by duckie43 View Post
    I'm basically trying to finish all my WIP. I have hats, and blankets started for my charity crocheting and knitting. I'm scheduled for open heart surgery in April and trying to finish everything up before my twin grand babies are born in March. Going to be too busy after they're born to work on anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Best of Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by duckie43 View Post
    Lots of good wishes coming at you for a good surgery outcome. Twins are awesome. I'm waiting on a new great-niece to arrive anytime. She's got an 18 m/o big brother waiting on her.

Post Thanks / Like
    While I was in the hospital last week (hip surgery) I made 3 potholders, a dishcloth for each of my room mates and one for the nurse of course. Then I designed a new dishsoap bottle cover, just for the fun of it. Right now I'm making another potholder for one of the lady's in my crochet club. I'll follow that up with some small doilies for the next exchange in March. I can't do too much right now due to the surgery, so I either read or crochet. Gotta stop soon tho, my hand is beginning to cramp. LOL.
    Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently working on baby blankets, hats, booties & layettes. I am also working on 2 teddy bears for my Grandaughters Jenny & Lilly & always looking at patterns for them but so far haven't found to many for toddlers (size 4 & 5) but always on the hunt lol. I am also gearing up to make baby things to be able to donate to hospitals, homeless shelters & anywhere else there might be a need. I would love to see pictures of what all you all are making. I too get inspired to make things others are working on by seeing their lovely work so any & all pictures would be great. I hope you all are enjoying your crochet time as right now I am in the process of moving so ending the packing day with a crochet hook in hand is always nice lol. Hope to get to know as many of you as I possibly can. your crochet friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Yarnmiss,

I will be praying for you that you make a quick & full recovery. It sounds like you are getting alot of crocheting done while you are recovering so that is always nice. I have had 4 knee surgeries so I know how nice it is to at least be able to crochet while I am healing. I hope your hip surgery will make it easier for you to get around, I really need to have my knee replaced, but so far I haven't been able to find a doctor willing to do it yet. I got hurt on the job back in 1987 & have been trying everything to get my knee better so I'm very happy for you that you were able to get your hip done. I've heard everyone that's gotten theirs done say they wish they would have done it years ago. I pray yours was as successful & that you will be up & around soon. Until then please crochet some for me as I am in the process of moving (YUCK) & don't get as much time as I would like to put into my crochet projects. I do have to say tho at the end of a packing day it sure is nice to sit & crochet for a little bit at least, can't go without crocheting or I would go crazy lol. I hope we can talk sometime & become great crochet buddies. your crochet friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working on a white little dress and hair band for my new little daughter. It will be for her bapteme. After I will try to do blanket and little shoes in white as well for the bapteme. I will maybe add a bit of pink but don't know where wet.