Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  112
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like making shawls. The quickest are those that I use 2 types of yarn together - usually a boucle and a regular 4-play. It even helps if both yarns are prints. They come out beautifully and a nice heaviness that goes well with hospitals.

2. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    kayemory - That's such an excellent idea to mix the boucle and regular yarn together. Hospitals are always so COLD!

Shelley

4. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think kaye meant 4ply-------lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Afghans, all types. My go to relaxation project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Bettybee. I did mean 4-ply. Pixieglitter, I found Rainbow Boucle by Purl Essence at Joann Fabrics and it's a slow changing color print. When used with another print or just a one color yarn you end up with a beautiful background on the project. It can definitely be done on afghans.

8. Thanks justplainjudy thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Doilies .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Do afgans mostly--usually do a pattern that I like or is unusual
    Altho lately have been favoring the round ones
    especially the larger sizes

Right now to tell the truth have three unfinished ones Id better get busy and finish LOL

Hestoria

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all the crocheted squares to make the Chapeau Afghan and enough Floral Squares to make another afghan but I just can't get motivated to join them together!! I continue to use my free time to make other crochet projects.... I need to make an extra effort to begin!! One of these days... ha ha...

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy making scarves the best because it's not as much work as an afghan but you can still put a lot of design in it (which I'm still working on how to do!). I really like it when one of my stuffed animals/amigurumi turn out well, but having to design all the separate pieces can be a bit much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Poinciana, just saw your post about lightweight clothing could you please let me know if you have anything easy and quick in a summer top, shell, for my daughter who is going on vac to Mexico next month?? I see a lot of cute things but most are just too involved to work up quickly. I am going on vac for 2 weeks, just back to Ky to see family while I am gone my daughter is going on a short cruise with girl friends so hubby can redo hardwood floors. When we both get back about the 21 of May they are going to Mexico where they took their honeymoon!! She does so much for me I would love to make her a couple of cute tops for vacation. Thank you so much I appreciate any help you can give me. Hugs Winnie