Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Have You Ever Crocheted with Ribbon "Yarn?"

I purchased 3 skeins of a lovely purple ribbon yarn, it's very beautiful but I've never crocheted with ribbon before. Each skein is 35 yards. It's got the thread spaces along the edge to put my hook in.

What have you made with ribbon?

Shelley

2. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a scarf that came out beautiful. Very dressy looking.

4. Likes determined_to-crochet, elproct liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I crocheted a scarf with the kind of ribbon yarn that you have. I also knitted a shawl with Lion Brand Ribbon yarn and Lion Brand Homespun yarn mixed together for my Mother.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your replies! Besides scarves, what are some other ideas that I can crochet with my ribbon yarn? I know I don't have enough to make a larger project, the skeins aren't usually very many yards and I've only got a total of 105 yards. Plus it's expensive! I paid $7.99 each for my 3 skeins and that was on sale, it was normally $16.00 a skein.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you are referring to the thin ladder type ribbon like this: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ladder-yarn
    or the meshy ribbon yarn like Sashay or Starabella that stretches out into a wide mesh yarn that is usually made into ruffled scarves such as in this video:
    Re the ladder yarn, a popular project made with this type of yarn is crocheted necklace. You can also make lightweight airy summer scarves or shawls. The Sashay or Starabella is generally made into ruffled scarves but is also used to add ruffles onto clothing.
    I had some regular ribbon that I made into hats and evening clutch purses.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the ribbon yarn to make a top for a friend and it was the most trying thing I ever crocheted. The pattern was simple but the ribbon thread was ever so difficult to crochet with. I would rather walk a mile in hell before I would consider doing another project with this thread. It just might be the way I crochet but I had so much difficulty crocheting with the ribbon running through the yarn. When finished the item looked gread but it was so difficult to use. I hope you have better luck working with this then I did.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

9. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have never used it, but would love to see some finished projects if any of you would like to share.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used the fine ladder ribbon yarn to not only make necklaces and scarfs but also to make a wonderful lightweight shawl.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I made scarves but I saw a pattern that used that ribbon as an embellishment on a purse front that was quite lovely!!! Some was a couple rows of ruffle And some flowers. This might be great if you only have small amounts.

Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes elproct liked this post