Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Mill End Yarns

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I just thank you for bringing up this subject? We only have a Michael's in my area and I have never seen mill ends offered in any of their stores. I am visiting my daughter in North Carolina and we shopped at A.C. Moore's last night - I went into excitement overload. I just could not believe the beautiful yarn in those big bins, and all for $6.99 per pound. I bought stuff I would never have considered at the "original" price. We are going to JoAnn's later today and I am hoping to add to my purchases (may have to float a loan at this rate). Hope to find yarn that would be for making baby things and items to donate to nursing homes. Thank you again and again and again!!!!! My SUV will hold 7 people and I do believe my Bennie's Blanket friends and I will be making some fun trips to our nearest A.C. Moore's and JoAnn's.

2. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought some also and they worked up very nice

4. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use mill end yarn, too. I have never had any problem with them so far. I have made afghans mainly with them. Usually they are cheaper up here than most yarn.

6. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, I also have experienced knots or thinning of yarn midway through my crochet, very frustrating. What is knit and spin? How does this help you. Thanks for your information. Happy Easter. Moralyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Moralyn, very happy to meet you. The avatar picture I have is a picture of the Knit n Spin with a skein of yarn ready to start a project. If you look under the Buy/Sell/Trade section, you should be able to see pictures of the Knit n Spin and an explanation on how to use it. It's an invention that I made which my brother improved on. He makes the wooden part, gets them to me then I finish them. If you have any more questions or are just curious and want to know more, let me know and I'll give you as much information as you want. If you decide you'd like one, I still have a few available and can get it sent to you right away. If you want to check with others who have gotten Knit n Spin, you can check with Susan M J or kathym2 for an unbiased opinion ... I just love using my Knit n Spin and my brother makes as many or as few as I ask for. Have a wonderful day, welcome to CT. Hugs, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....