Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  57
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet-Along Fun-bedspread-jpgDoes anyone have any photos to share yet? Any questions on the second half of the pattern? How's it going?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. This is a bit too much for me, but I''m going to finish in just regular granny. Mine is in shades of blue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree about the ruffle, but I thought it could be left off if someone just wanted an afghan of joined squares. My square measures 12", so this square would work for granny afghan square exchanges and clubs if any people participate in those.

Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    It's nice but what I don't like is the ruffle on the bottom, too country for me. And way too much yarn for me to use. Would rather use it for my charitable projects. But for those of you who are giving it a try, have fun.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Back home and working on it now. Between the chart, written directions and the picture, I may get it. Have 2 sides of the fill in done. Will keep at it and post a picture when I get that part done, maybe tomorrow.

5. Likes Charles Voth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

working on it still.

Crochet-Along Fun-2-jpgCrochet-Along Fun-rows-1-10-finished-jpgCrochet-Along Fun-helper-jpg Not finished with the whole sq. but here is what I have so far. My helper isn't always so helpful, but insists on being on my lap.. he's my spoiled baby, so he's always there. I find that the square needs complete attention to following the directions, and sometimes feels confusing, so read very carefully. The chart is helpful to refer to, though I don't read charts. Pattern seems wrong at first, just keep going, and it seems to be right so far. Gotta get back to it now. Excited to see how it finishes out. Not going to do the full afghan at this time, and will probably not add the drop sides when I do, but one of these days...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well! GREAT! You pushed through and it looks great! It's not intuitive because of the back and forth rows and weird row ends/beginnings, but it looks great. When you do the last 3 rows, the whole thing opens up. In addition, I'd suggest spritzing with water and pinning it to square shape to dry.
    When you do finish, would you do the following for me: weigh the square and tell me how many grams or ounces it weighs. Tell me the edge length. Tell me the hook size you used. Thanks. I need this to help calculate yarn amounts for the pattern.
    I'm so happy you have gotten this far through it! Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is great that you can write patterns like that. I wish I could write a pattern by looking at a picture. I have a couple things I want to do but have seen pictures and no patterns. I would love to work on this project with you and everyone else who has joined but I am working on a lot of stuff for my first grandbaby who is due to arrive in July. Good luck.

Dutch

9. Likes blueeyes68, Charles Voth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

finished the CAL

Crochet-Along Fun-100_4574-jpgCrochet-Along Fun-100_4575-jpg
    I have finished the complete square, it doesn't take to long, just close attention to the directions. Looking at the chart, will help at times, even if, like me, you can't read one. My finished square came out to be 13 inches on each side, the small inside square was 5 & 3/4 inches on each side. I used a Boye size H, USA, hook. In an earlier post I think I said a G, but it wasn't. A G hook would make a smaller square, however. I used 4 ply, Red Heart Super Saver yarn, except the red color, with specks in it, and I have no clue what it was, just a 4 ply. I'm sorry, I don't have a scale that will weigh ounces, so can't say how much yarn was used. It was just extras in my stash. I may take this one apart, later today, and measure the yarn, since I'm not using this square for anything. If I do, I'll post the yards of yarn used. Also have found a couple other patterns along this line, that are quite interesting, you might like to check them out. The 1st one, is very pretty.
    1. the Ribs-N-Lace block by Joyce Lewis,

Ravelry: Ribs and Lace Afghan Block pattern by Joyce Lewis

2. Optical Illusion
    by Donna Mason-Svara

Ravelry: Optical Illusion pattern by Donna Mason-Svara

11. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, blueeyes68, Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your square is just Lovely, looks hard but as you said pay close attention. I will try this as its so prety, love the colors too. susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone who is doing this is doing a great job. Love all the pictures. Hopefully I will be able to participate in one of these projects later this year.

Dutch