Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  57
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to join the group but never got an invitation.............

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry just found the invitation - thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this site, I never dared to do something like this,didn't feel "experienced" enough. But here I am.May have to ask for help[lol] once in a while. But it is so much fun!!Barbara

4. Likes blueeyes68, Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you are taking advantage of the supportive community to dive into something that feels a bit daring to you. We're all here to root for you and give you tips and tricks as you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by bajordan View Post
    I love this site, I never dared to do something like this,didn't feel "experienced" enough. But here I am.May have to ask for help[lol] once in a while. But it is so much fun!!Barbara

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Voth View Post
    I know that there is an official "stickied" February Charity Crochet-along already going on in this group, but I wanted to head up another crochet-along that could be a little bit different of an experience.

In another thread, Fayrouz shared a link to this photo.
    Crochet-Along Fun

It's just a photo, there is no pattern for it. But I thought to myself, I'm a pattern writer; it's my job and I work from photographs all the time; it would be fun as a newcomer to Crochet Talk to give to my fellow crocheters at this site something I can do for them...write a pattern.

Normally, when I write a pattern for a designer or check their patterns, the designs go right into a magazine or into those booklets/leaflets you can pick up at craft stores, or onto websites. Other than the sample that is made for the photo, no one else "tests" to see if the pattern works.

Wouldn't it be fun to be part of the pattern writing process by joining me in a crochet-along?

I would like to volunteer to write the pattern (I probably won't stitch it myself) and anyone who joins the CAL can follow the instructions and point out any hiccups in the pattern. Then...when it's done...it can be a pattern that we all put our names on and share in the Links and Resources thread here at Crochet Talk.
    We can even work out how to make the pattern for different sizes of beds!

Let me know if your interested by sending me a private message, instead of replying here in the forum thread, which I would like to keep for the actual posts and questions and comments and photo sharing that arise from the CAL.

If you've not sent a private message before, click on this link to my profile, and then click on the link right below my photo.
    I have been sitting staring at this beautiful bedspread and thinking that I could attempt to come pretty close to doing this. It looks like a lot of DC,s in a regular old fashioned type "granny square in a square". The you have a ruffle that probably involves Increases to make the skirt ruffle out like it does. It couldn't be that hard to figure out. At least I don't think it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!! where have I been 2 week vacation? I missed this crochet a long?

8. Likes Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Susan, hope you will join in on the crochet along. It's going to be fun.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, Charles. I recently saw your crochet square for the CAL. It is stunning! I love it and I love the colors you chose.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

11. Likes Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really love the blue but my bedroom is maroon or wine color carpet and curtains and I am torn between trying the blue anyway ( I do have a friend who loves blue) so I will have to decide on the colors yet. When I PM'd you, you said something about having to be approved. How do I know if my request to join is approved? redhead/Patty

PS If I do go ahead, would it be legal to enter it in the county Fair? If I would do a good enough job on it, that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole pattern (diagram and text instructions) for the block is now posted in the group.