Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  57
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheryl,
    What challenges do you face when reading a pattern? Text too small to read? All those abbreviations and short forms become a jumbled mess? Is it Easier if someone shows you what do to in a video? I love teaching crochet and love to help you through reading a pattern with video help if you really want to join. Let me know.

2. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It's nice but what I don't like is the ruffle on the bottom, too country for me. And way too much yarn for me to use. Would rather use it for my charitable projects. But for those of you who are giving it a try, have fun.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Please stick around for the crochet along anyways and just do the square. Without the skirt i'm guessing that you would use only 50 oz for just a throw/Afghan, or even less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'll have to see what time I have to do it so I may have to pass since I just signed up as co-leader for a year long project with a friend, non crochet related and that is over and above my other projects and clubs. But about the ruffle, even if I liked it, it would be way too much yarn and not feasible. My queen bed is on risers, and currently the dust ruffle (new term bed skirt) is a 21 inch drop and that is between the mattress and the box spring. Based on the picture, the ruffle would have had to be a 30 inch drop from the edge and that would weigh it down too much.

I prefer written patterns over those international diagrams and don't like videos either. Have fun writing it out.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking the same thing re: bed skirt...what a LOT of yarn. My favourite is the crochet symbol diagrams, but I don't mind written instructions as well. I like making the videos, but I don't usually watch many myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny but it seems to take me longer to decipher the diagrams and since I don't mind a written pattern (preferably abbreviated), I am good with that. I have been crocheting a long time, mom taught me when I was a pre-teen, am now 62.

I will be saving your square pattern, once it is posted, for future use. Currently, I am involved in many events and activities so I do certain things when time permits. But thanks for taking the time to share your talent.

Roe

8. Likes Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Charles,

I got some of my yarn today. I do have white just forgot to put it with the blues that I picked out. I know that what you see in the picture will not be enough but I will get more when it is needed.

Crochet-Along Fun-yarn-crochet-2014-jpg

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

10. Likes PatS, Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes68 View Post
    Hey Charles,
    I got some of my yarn today. I do have white just forgot to put it with the blues that I picked out. I know that what you see in the picture will not be enough but I will Debbie
    That is great! I figured one ball of each colour would do perfectly for the preview picture...Now I am motivated to write the first part of the square motif! I have to teach at the college today, so it won't be until tomorrow probably!

12. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet-Along Fun

Exactly the type of spread I have been looking for. You can count me in - definitely looks like a good challenge!

14. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charles, that is great. I'm looking forward to getting started. This is going to be so much fun. Just let me know.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25