Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Kiss me bag

Post Thanks / Like

Kiss me bag

Has anyone made this bag? I did, but I ended up taking it all out because I just didn't like that the handle was so flimsy. I thought about adding something to make it sturdier, but wasn't sure what. Anyone have any ideas? It was a beautiful bag and it actually turned out really pretty other than that, but just got frustrated and took it out.
    I did the crochet posey purse too and even had it lined, but was just not happy with it and took it out.
    However, I did make a black sheep wine bottle cover that turned out really awesome. I didn't really have a pattern so I just did the bottle cover in black light and lofty yarn and then used a pattern for a sheep and made the head and attached a drawstring to it so that you could take it off and put on a new bottle. It was a hit. I wish I had a camera so I could put pictures of it on here because I was really proud of it. Have a blessed day and I would appreciate any ideas.

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya sassy, I have mad a few valentine clutches and I will post them.. I would just like to see the ones you are talking about...Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, this is the pattern that I used and it was really easy to make - I just was not happy about how the handle was so flimsy.

Crochet Spot » Blog Archive » Crochet Pattern: Kiss Me Bag - Crochet Patterns, Tutorials and News

5. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is such a cute bag. The only thing I can think of to make the handles a bit more sturdy is to possibly double the yarn so that is would be a tad thicker. You may have to fasten off (even though it says not to) and use double strands and reattach and follow the instructions. Hope I didn't confuse you.

Let me know how it works for you.

Roe
    Last edited by LI Roe; 03-19-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya sassy, I did do that one.. I used a thicker yarn so it wouldn't be flimsy.. You can also redo the handle with a contrasting heavier yarn.. Keep me posted.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Sassy i like theKiss bag, Put it on to do spring List. Is it possible to put a colored pipe cleaner & weavit at handle area? Just
    a thought.

9. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that is what I am thinking about doing. I'm going to try it again. The crocheting part is easy. Have a blessed day.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Susan, What a great idea... TY for sharing... Teresa

13. Likes N/A liked this post