Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Craft Shows

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin, look on places like Etsy and eBay to see what others are charging for the goods. Make sure you cover the cost of the material and something for your time.

As for fairs, I did them for a couple years but never had much luck. As Catdoll said, I always seemed to be out of sync with the trends. Then again, I never sold crochet or knit work. Maybe I will consider it again when my son goes to school in the fall.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started my business selling at various craft shows and art festivals about 10 years ago. Most of what I sell are "wearables" - shawls, ponchos, scarfs, hats, etc with a few toys thrown in for good measure.

My best sellers have been my shawls and my fisherman sweaters
    View Wearable Art by crochetgal on Etsy

If you select the right shows, you can make good money at it!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Mary Jane,
    How do you find your cract shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    pokeefe,
    I belong to Festivalnet.com. It costs $49.00/yr, but they have all kinds of information about craft shows in the area you choose-directions to the craft fair, how much your space will be, who to contact, etc. You can also check websites of communities around you for craft fairs. and some times your local paper might have some information. I keep my eyes open all the time! You can also attend craft fairs and talk to other crafters. I have found some good Fairs that way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Maryjane!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've found that when searching out shows, one of the best resources are your own network of friends and family. Before I apply to any show I'll go as a buyer and see what they have to offer, what the layout is and what the mix of handmade to resale is. I'll also talk to the promoter and ask to be put on their mailing list.

By chatting with other vendors, you can fairly easily find out which other shows might be a good 'fit' for you as well.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    You can Google festivals & the name of your state or county. You should find several sites that list the festivals and fairs. Even if they aren't strictly craft shows, many local fairs have a craft section where you can set up a booth for free. I did this one summer and found a dozen fairs to attend easily and the search was free.