Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to check before I share.

I have a link I really want to share, it's a friend of a friend's page. She is running a donation group for stillborn babies. She lost her son, and the only thing she got to bring home was a blanket and hat. Something so small means so much in times like that. So she wants to give back.

She is calling on as many crocheters and knitters as she can get. Right now they are running low on hats and blankets. She is REALLY trying to make sure no one gets left out. I really want to make sure everyone is okay with me sharing the page. There are no photos of 'sleeping' babies on the page, its strictly about the items needed, but as someone who has suffered several miscarriages, I do know the talk of infant loss is too much for some so I wanted to check first. I really do not wish to hurt anyone, but I figured this would be a wonderful place to recruit others to help out.

She does not make a profit off of this, she simply donates. Some people who cannot crochet or knit choose to send money, but she just uses it to buy more supplies to keep making blankets.

There are many size charts online, starting from micro preemie all the way up to adult male. If you joined, sizes micro preemie to newborn would be recommended. Blankets could be different sizes. You would want to have a size that would work for preemies and one that works for larger babies.

Pink, white, and blue are great colors to use. You can use other baby colors, but I would say you can't go wrong with the other three. She has examples on her page and I can help out more should you all want to participate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi GeekyChick3000 I would love to help can you send the information to my email blackdiamond326@gmail.com. Thanks and have a blessed evening.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dlj326 View Post
    Hi GeekyChick3000 I would love to help can you send the information to my email blackdiamond326@gmail.com. Thanks and have a blessed evening.
    Email sent! Thank you so much! I am working on my contribution now, so if anyone else sends a message, I will be checking off and on tonight and of course over the week. I will send out information as soon as I get the notifications. Thank you!

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

You are welcome to post a link to your friends page. We can promote helping others through crocheting items, but not really ask people to send money here in the forums. If someone goes to your friends page and wants to donate money, then they are able to from that perspective. Does this make sense? Looking forward to hearing more information.

6. Likes elproct liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Geekychick....would love to contribute also.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Natha...066560?fref=ts

There's the link.

Here is some information she gave me. "Blankets can be any size 13x13 or bigger. Hats can be made in any size too. Hats should fit a 15 week old gestaional baby to preemies to full term babies. Any colors will work and style."

I would keep it in nice soothing colors, nothing too distracting. If you want to add embellishments, make sure the inside of the hat is not rough. Also, nothing with smells or glitter. They will sanitize these things as some with go to preemies who have not passed, and others will go to mothers of babies who have, but we still should avoid harsh smells like perfume, fabric softeners and smoke.

I really appreciate everyone helping.

Barbara, I do agree on the not asking for money, but I did want to mention that some people choose to do that instead, in case someone wants to help, but doesn't feel like crocheting is something they can do. I know seeing such small items can hurt.

I would like to post some links to hat size charts and patterns if that is okay? I figure it will give everyone a good place to start.

Volunteer Measurements Guide :: The Preemie Project :: It's for the Babies!
    Preemie Hats Crochet Pattern and Preemie Hats Knitting Pattern | Red Heart
    Crocheting for a Cause! {Preemie Hat Pattern} | Me + Three {and counting}
    Angels4Preemies - Patterns

Thanks again for helping. Nathaniel's mom, the lady who started the page, will be emailing me shortly with the address to send everything to. I will send it to each of you in a PM to keep the address somewhat private since I am not sure if outsiders can see this.

9. Likes elproct liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to do this too!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot my email address. It's lovestocrochet@aol.com so you can send me the info too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Geekychick,
    My email addy is collmere13@gmail.com

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted information on what they need above. She has yet to send me the address to ship things to. She's very busy lately, so it may be a day or so.