Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  490
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

What crochet or knitting projects are you working on?

Share time! What crochet and/or knitting projects are you working on right now?

2. Thanks phyllisrosier689@yahoo.co thanked for this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Barbara, Well, (and that's a big well), I'm now working on a bolero with thread and a steel hook.. I haven't used those in a while,(A long while), so it has been a bit trying to accomplish this.. The pattern is not to friendly so I have been taking it out a few times and starting over.. I do hope I can complete this item..I may have to ask Larissa for some assistance since she works with thread for her doilies...Teresa

4. Likes ooh-lalah, blueeyes68, catbalou, Lucky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeerKat, Praying for you. Your husband sound like how my dad was, if my mom was sitting down he would get all excited and she would have to get up and do something. She started telling him she was sitting down for awhile. That work for her, of course my parent were in their late 70s or early 80s. They are both gone now but think of things they did all the time

6. Likes dragondrummer, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been able to do to much crocheting lately I am still working on a scarf for the last month for my Grandson. MY husband just won't let me crochet, if he sees me sit down and pick up my hook he always asks me to do something. I sat down yesterday and got a couple rows done. I am just so depressed over him I almost lost the enjoyment I use to have when I crochet.

But I did see a pretty scarf that Amray posted the otherday, that actually has given me a spark to want to do something, so I think I will just start on it and put the scarf I am crocheting for my Grandson, away for awhile.The colors are so drab and since this is for a girl and can use some pretty bright colors maybe it will inspire me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat, Praying For things to get better for you!

9. Likes dragondrummer, blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your husbands health issues MeerKat. I'll keep you both in my prayers. I know how much I worry about mine when his bronchitis hits him so hard.

You probably told me before, but what part of IL. do you live in? I grew up in Carpentersville, IL. (North west of Chicago) but left there in 1969 and have been down south since then. You certainly have had a bad winter this year.

Keep your spirits up. You can always talk to all of us here. God Bless.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I haven't been able to do to much crocheting lately I am still working on a scarf for the last month for my Grandson. MY husband just won't let me crochet, if he sees me sit down and pick up my hook he always asks me to do something. I sat down yesterday and got a couple rows done. I am just so depressed over him I almost lost the enjoyment I use to have when I crochet.

But I did see a pretty scarf that Amray posted the otherday, that actually has given me a spark to want to do something, so I think I will just start on it and put the scarf I am crocheting for my Grandson, away for awhile.The colors are so drab and since this is for a girl and can use some pretty bright colors maybe it will inspire me.

11. Likes dragondrummer, blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear MeerKat,

My daughter's husband was on a med that made him violent, so she asked the Dr. to change it, and that made an enormous difference. He returned to his old, kind self. :-)
    Blessings Sallie

13. Likes N/A, dragondrummer, MeerKat, blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat, I hope you have been able to get back into crocheting. I know for me it is a stress reliever. I am sorry your husband interrupts you when you sit and crochet. Maybe you can ask him before you sit if he needs anything. Just tell him, "I am about to sit and crochet, is there anything I can get you before I sit down?" Maybe that will help?
    Hope you are feeling better. Depression is not a good thing. I have been there.
    Take Care,
    God Bless,
    Dutch

15. Likes dragondrummer, MeerKat, blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't give up on your crocheting. I understand what you are going through. My husband was in Palliative Care with leukaemia and Alzheimer's . I took my knitting with me and in his case it settled him down. I sat with him all afternoon until he went to bed. It is so hard to see someone go like this when you love them so much. Just try to be patient with him and yourself. It is a hard road. My prayers are with you. Please try and keep crocheting just for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished about 4hats one has a mesh hat and scarf to match---i have accumalated a lot of small balls so I need to crochet them into my raggani also have a pile of granny squares to sew together---thats all folks

18. Likes blueeyes68, catbalou, Lucky liked this post