Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: crochet hooks?

Post Thanks / Like

crochet hooks?

what are stainless steel crochet hooks used for? I have some of these crochet hooks from my grandma. A couple or so of them got bent but what can I make with the ones I have?
    Jean

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are used for thread. When I use to crochet with thread I always used Stainless steel hooks.

4. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you make with them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Steel hooks are used for doilies, ornaments, edgings, antimacassar, to name a few.

Roe

7. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    jean Marie, Steel crochet hooks are numbered #13 is a very fine hook that you could use on sewing thread. #7 or 8 is usually used on #10 bedspread cotton I used a # 10 hook with #20 thread when doing an angel. Like you my sis had a lot of them that were my mother's. And when my sis passed on last year all her's and my mom's came to me . Plus I had a large supply of my own. I would like very much to get rid of them but don't know what to do with them. Margaret

9. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Margaret,
    I'm sorry you lost your sister. May God comfort you and your family. LORD, place your loving arms around Margaret and her family. Thank You!

A while ago my cousin sent me an angel kit that has the thread in it. I tried it for a little bit. What crochet hooks do you have that you want to get rid of?

11. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Ladies, I am now working on a short shrug using thread and a steel hook.. I have made many ornaments that also came out lovely..I also made a Nativity Scene for a gift.. It was in true colors. How beautiful that was.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Teresah do you have the pattern for the shrug I do thread crochet would like to have what size thread did you use and brand color would like to see picture I do not know how to put picture on here but love to see what others are making to get ideas

14. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    what size hooks do you have to get rid of

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya cherfram, Here you go :

Crochet DROPS bolero in ”Cotton Viscose” with flower border round the opening. Size S - XXXL ~ DROPS Design

It won't let me copy the pic, but it really is pretty.... Teresa

17. Likes karenlatlas liked this post