Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Tasty Little Chevron Bag

I am working on the above pattern, I am just really unclear on exactly what the pattern is telling me to do. I know that it switches from rows to round so I will end up crocheting in the round, but I really don't understand how the pattern is telling me to get to the point so I can do that. I have copied the part that I'm unclear on and if anyone can explain it to me - I would greatly appreciate it.
    Row 1: Using Main Color, ch 24. Hdc in 2nd ch from hook, and in each st to end. Turn. (23 hdc)

Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in each st to end. Turn. (23 hdc)

Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in each st to end. Moving around to the side, hdc in the side of Row 1 and Row 2. Continuing around, hdc in each st of opposite side of starting ch and in opposite ends of Row 1 and Row 2. Join to first hdc with a sl st to start working in the round (no more turning). (50 hdc)[/COLOR] I'm just not sure what it means when it said moving around to the side - do I slipstitch to get to the side or what?

Read more at Free Pattern: Tasty Little Chevron Bag

2. Likes Ginnie256, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya sassy, I have completed this handbag and I love it...On row 3, hdc to the end and then go down and around the underside. It's kinda like making a circle... I hope that helps.. I will post mine.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Teresa. I have wanted to make this bag for a long time before chevron is in right now and everyone wants it. I am doing mine in Caron simply soft party yarn in red sparkle and using the white for the chevron stitches. I can hardly wait to get it finished. I am sooooo addicted to crocheting. I feel lost if I don't do it everyday. If I am getting close to being finished with a project - I have to make myself go to bed so that I can get up and go to work. Some week nights - it is 1:00 or 1:30 before I go to bed. Then on the weekends some nights I don't go to bed until 4:30 or later. Thanks again and I would love to see your bag.

5. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya sassy YW.. I did my in the same yarn but in denim color.. I will post it today....Hugs, Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I made this bag also. Had trouble in the same area. I made mine dark grey with white chevron design.

8. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Ladies, It is a fun bag and I get many compliments.. I am thinking about doing the same in other colors.. Teeresa