Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

HELP...not understanding these directions!

I am making a really pretty baby dress from this page:

Free Crochet Patterns

I am not understanding rnd 8

Row 7 it says to fasten off....

Rnd 8 says ....
    Rnd 8: Now working in rnds, ch 2, join with sc in first st, sc in eahc of first 20 sts, sc in next ch sp, for armhole, ch 2, sk next 44 sts, sc next ch sp,
    sc in each of next 44 sts, sc in next ch sp, for armhole, ch 2, sk next 44 sts, sc in next ch sp, sc in each of last 21 sts, join in beg ch. (90 sc, 6 chs)

so...is this it?
    I am going to ch2 and join it with a sc crochet to the last stitch of row 7 and continue in a rnd from there?
    where do the ends meet for form a rnd?

so far this pattern is working up pretty nicely but I am not getting it from here?

thanks for any and ALL advice...
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    When I get stuck like this I just try exactly what they say - or what i think they are saying and then if it doesn't work out I try again, then if I decide i just cannot get it the way it is written - i think to myself - what do i need to accomplish here to make this look right. Then I start to get a mental picture of what the project needs to look like at this stage..... sometimes I can take this mental picture - put it with the directions and figure out what the pattern is calling for - other times I just go to google and do a search for the words in the pattern that is confusing me and you would be amazed at how many pages will come up with similar instructions. I weed thru these and combine all of this with what I have been thru already and EVENTUALLY i will come up with the answer. Then I write it down in that pattern for less confusion next time. The best that happens is that I get thru the difficult part of the pattern. The worst that can happen is I learn a lot in the process. Either way - its not a bad deal.

Best of luck to you.

Connie

3. Likes Teri, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teri the joining is at the end of round 8 just follow the directions and you will do great
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

5. Likes Teri, elproct liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cvarr View Post
    When I get stuck like this I just try exactly what they say - or what i think they are saying and then if it doesn't work out I try again, then if I decide i just cannot get it the way it is written - i think to myself - what do i need to accomplish here to make this look right. Then I start to get a mental picture of what the project needs to look like at this stage..... sometimes I can take this mental picture - put it with the directions and figure out what the pattern is calling for - other times I just go to google and do a search for the words in the pattern that is confusing me and you would be amazed at how many pages will come up with similar instructions. I weed thru these and combine all of this with what I have been thru already and EVENTUALLY i will come up with the answer. Then I write it down in that pattern for less confusion next time. The best that happens is that I get thru the difficult part of the pattern. The worst that can happen is I learn a lot in the process. Either way - its not a bad deal.

Best of luck to you.

Connie
    Ohhh Connie
    You are such a patient soul! So what you are explaining is trial and error and you are correct...that is how you learn new things. Thank you for your encouragement and I need to learn some patience in working these more complicated patterns. I just get too overwhelmed in worrying if it is correct or not. This baby dress is for a new baby that is coming in to the world the end of May and if this doesn't look amazing when it is done I have to go another route as far as a gift is concerned.
    Thank you again, you are teaching me to be more determined....
    Teri : )

7. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    Teri the joining is at the end of round 8 just follow the directions and you will do great
    But is Rnd 8 being done separate from row 7...and then possibly being sewn together later on? I am just in a mental block here....

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Ladies, That's what I would do.. I'm not ashamed to rip out as many and any rows I have to.. ( Although my husband cringes.. LOL) Sometimes even the strangest directions work out.. I would just go step by step and see what happens.. Don't give up. You can do it.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teresah View Post
    Hiya Ladies, That's what I would do.. I'm not ashamed to rip out as many and any rows I have to.. ( Although my husband cringes.. LOL) Sometimes even the strangest directions work out.. I would just go step by step and see what happens.. Don't give up. You can do it.. Teresa
    yeah....I suppose that is what I have to do...I had to laugh because my husband does the same when I rip out rows....LOL....I read this post to him and he laughed

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband at first always tried to stop me from tearing something apart. Now he realizes that it is just the way it is. He is very happy when I finish something. Very supportive.

12. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teri the first part is the blouse in round 8 you will be forming the arms and then the skirt of the dress
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

14. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    Teri the first part is the blouse in round 8 you will be forming the arms and then the skirt of the dress
    yes...thank you....I finally figured that out....please be ready to give me more encouragement.....this pattern is a dooosey!
    Last edited by Teri; 02-15-2014 at 10:56 AM.

16. Likes N/A, teresah liked this post