Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks / Like

Filet crochet graphing

I make a lot of my own graphs for filet crochet afghans and am finding it difficult to find an online graph - to use for my graph designs. I have been (and still am) using regular old fashion graph paper and a pencil. Does anyone know of a program I can purchase / use to do this procedure on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! -j9

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imj9scrochetj9 View Post
    I make a lot of my own graphs for filet crochet afghans and am finding it difficult to find an online graph - to use for my graph designs. I have been (and still am) using regular old fashion graph paper and a pencil. Does anyone know of a program I can purchase / use to do this procedure on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! -j9

Hi there, yes, there is a software program available. I've checked the demos (right side of screen) and I like what I saw in the demos. I am familiar with using computer graphics designing but I've never been involved in anything to do with crocheting.

This program looks wonderful to me and I may just purchase it for myself, ($39.95 -or $49.95 which includes a CD) but not until I do a Google using the search words "Pros and cons" and the name of the software. I can just see using it for a multitude of things, such as using a photo of my cat and creating a filet crochet design with it!

Here's the link for it...

Crochet Designs, Filet Crochet Software
    Last edited by Poinciana; 02-14-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

3. Likes billieconrad, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poinciana, thank you so much for your help. I will be looking into it as well. Where in se fl are you? I am in Melbourne Beach (central fl, east coast) -j9

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a graph template in MS Paint, and I just fill in the squares with a different color than white or black of course to make my chart.

6. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use X-stitch Pattern Maker... It s very good! Here is site Welcome to HobbyWare - The source for high-quality cross-stitch design software!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

8. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW! They have nice drawing tool with different stitches
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

10. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post