Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Making hot pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Love that yarn, that is Lily sugar and cream. Lots to choose from. I made a market bag with it, gave it away and they love it.

2. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is another opinion, which I have researched pretty carefully. It seems to be something of an "old wives tale" that you cannot use acrylic yarn to make potholders, because it will melt. Not true. The melting point for acrylic yarn is something over 450 degrees, and your pots and pans are not really likely to get that hot. I've made many potholders through the years with acrylic yarn, and they hold up very well. Here is a quote from another forum discussing using a specific yarn:

"This type yarn is 75% acrylic. Some folks will preclude it for potholders on that basis but I can tell you with assurance that some of my ten-year-old, heavily-used-for-every-heavy-duty-kitchen-purpose potholders are 100% acrylic and still going strong."
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

4. Likes amanda, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thank you all for the great responses!!

Loving someone is accepting them for everything they are, and everything they are not.

6. Likes amanda liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya oceansong, Welcome to the site.. I'm sure you will love it as much as I do.. You will find the members are great and so helpful... Enjoy.. Teresa
    Also, thank you for the information on the hot pads.. That's a great idea....