Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Bits of yarn all over the floor

Many years ago I saved my snippets of yarn and used them as stuffing for pin cushions, cat toys and little things like that. I quit doing that but I might start that habit again just for fun...and demonstrate environmental conscientiousness

Do you save your snippets or vacuum them up occasionally?

I do most of my crocheting at the computer desk. Everything is so convenient. The other day I taped my tape measure to the edge of my desk for convenient measuring. My yarn needles are stuck into a piece of florist's foam (fancy name for green styrofoam). My hooks are in something like a pencil cup made of pottery. It's all so organized and convenient. All I need now is a paper bag to save my yarn snippets.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked into my hallway and the little pesky pieces are back again. They were in the room I was crocheting in but I think they like to play outside the room.

I do vacuum them up but they seem to magically reappear.

Roe

3. Likes amanda, kitty jean, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OOO-lalah,, take your pieces out side and throw them to the birds. They do great in the bird nests. I usually put mine out when I hear the wrens. they love the scraps And will come close enough to get them off the porch but I get mine off to a chain link fence about 8 ft. from the house. That way the other birds will get them too. And with that tape , tape a little plastic bag to the desk with one side open and put the ends of your yarn in that till you get enough to take out side.

Post Thanks / Like
    We all have this problem as I do have nice things to hold item in etc BUT still I get a mess. I use a lot of short pieces for a metal cages I made for the Birds even squirrels ?? I have a small vacuum for craft room.

6. Likes amanda, kitty jean liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice ideas everyone! Thanks, it helps to hear what others do! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I get through with a project, my floor looks like Hansel and Gretel have been there leaving a trail so as not to get lost. ha ha. My daughter always fussing, but it happens every time.

9. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Ooolahlah, Sounds like you are very organized.. TY for the great ideas... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I put my yarn in a gallon freezer plastic bag because of my cats. When I get enough yarn, I put it into a suet holder, and let the birds and squirrels take it. They use it in their nests. That way the yarn never hits the floor, and our cats can't eat it. Gabby, our one cat, is always there waiting for the yarn to hit the floor.

Judy

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Sassy , I would like to welcome you to this site. It's nice to meet you.. The members here are very helpful and friendly.. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.. I hope you enjoy Crochet Talk as much as I do... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like

Smile started this year!

Have made three afghans since halloween, so numerous snippets of yarn. Instead of stuffing something with them, I am planning to put them out for birds to help with their nesting. Figure spring has to arrive sooner or later!