Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya moesleah, Now that's an interesting idea... Teresa

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the Birds will love it. I give scraps yarn and lint from dryer and snip of material s also. Thanks for helping our Hungry Birds (cant forget the Rabbits and squirrels like them or not?? Susan MJ

4. Likes justplainjudy, nettielou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We Have 3 outside cats that are long hair. They shed like crazy in the spring. So I put their fur out, too. LOL! The birds even take that for their nests. I save my yarn ends all winter for the birds. They have a field day come spring. I put the yarn out in suet feeders.

Judy

6. Likes N/A, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    OOO-lalah,, take your pieces out side and throw them to the birds. They do great in the bird nests. I usually put mine out when I hear the wrens. they love the scraps And will come close enough to get them off the porch but I get mine off to a chain link fence about 8 ft. from the house. That way the other birds will get them too. And with that tape , tape a little plastic bag to the desk with one side open and put the ends of your yarn in that till you get enough to take out side.
    PLEASE--be very careful doing that!! Make sure your strings of yarn are not very long! I saw a bird who had swallowed a long piece of yarn choking on it! A friend saw one bird who'd gotten hung on a long piece of yarn in a bird's nest! So please be very careful!!

8. Likes justplainjudy, N/A, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea with the scraps for the birds. They love them.
    God bless

CrochetDee

10. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Leadfrogger , I would like to welcome you to this site.. It's nice to meet you.. The members here are very helpful and friendly.. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.. I hope you enjoy Crochet Talk as much as I do... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    And also to you crochetdee. It's nice to meet you.. I would like to welcome you to this site..
    The members here are very helpful and friendly.. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.. Enjoy .. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I alwasy make sure the yarn etc pieces are not very long 2" or so. Sorry I did'nt think to say that before. Sun is out even with 12" of snow. Susan MJ

14. Likes justplainjudy, nettielou, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Me, too. I always clip the yarn into short pieces. 2" or shorter from habit. Just because I thought it would be hard for the birds to handle much longer. Thank for the reminder, Leadfrogger!

Judy

16. Likes nettielou, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I too clip the yarns into very short pieces. This is the first year I have put them out in a container to hang. I need to move it so I can see them using it. I put it too far under the tree and the branches totally hide it.
    My husband built us a super porch and we sit out there with our coffee almost every day. Even when it is cold, I just put on more to keep warm because it is so much fun to see and hear the birds.
    God bless

CrochetDee

18. Likes justplainjudy, nettielou liked this post