Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Sharing our funny crochet stories

I am sure some of us have a funny crochet story! So, now is the time to share with others about it! Please post any family friendly funny crochet story!

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks BUT I need to tell someone???? I did a Baby Blanket with Heart spread around ( 12" square) did only a few Hearts on red, lav, pink. Short story is 2 were upside down so to not FROG I added another one upside down. It looked like it was supose to be so Baby Girl can see either way it was covering her. Mommie hugged me and laughed as she saw it and thought I was a HIP YOUNG GAL?? I cried or choked a little. I only knew her MOM and daughter came to stay a month with hubby & 2 month old Girl "Melissa" 34 days to do usually am and Late evening. Yes some of you would say WHY dont I PIC?? Sad and not nice Story behind SORRY. Baby Laughed when she was wrapped in it. God Bless's Me For Sure. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't really say it was a funny story, I cried over it. But I was making me a Onepiece Pinapple tablecloth, and it was weird the way it started because you started at an edge, amd it started row one 3 stitches, row two 5 stiches, I got to row 6 and realized I wasn't do it right, so started all over again, 5 different times always got stuck on row 6 so finally asked soneone on a crochet forum, whell she got me past row 6 then got stuck on row 9 and ended up froggin the whole thing again, it onstly took me starting over about 30 times, finally got to row 34 and this is about 4 month later. I set my crochet aside in a basket, and started to smole a ciggerrette, I accidently drop my ciggerrette and it landed in the basket, and caught the thread on fire. So needlessly to say I quit on it and never did finish it. This was a thread project and not yarn, very frustating. It was a rectange tablecloth and why they would start it like a triangle when it was a retangle tablecloth I will never know. I think I had the whole forum helping me. They all thought it was written poorly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I crocheted a shawl for my sister, who wanted her initials on it.... Well her initials are SC (the same as mine), and I crocheted CS on the shawl, instead. She was quite excited when she came over to get her shawl, and she literally laughed when she tried it on... Of course, I was quite embarassed!LOL!
    Last edited by determined_to-crochet; 02-04-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: spelling error

6. Likes Barbara G., Theresa L, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I made an afghan for my mother-in-law the first year my husband and I were married. Wanting to impress her, since I was hosting our Christmas get together, I had overwhelmed myself with preparations and the blanket wasn't finished. So as everyone was socializing and eating the appetizers, I was hiding out in the basement, frantically putting the border on the blanket & then wrapping it. I was never so glad to finish a project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I need to know how did MIL react to the Afghan???

Post Thanks / Like
    when my youngest son was 4 or 5 I was crocheting and he wanted me to teach him. I sat down and had him pick out the color of yarn he wanted and I started to teach him to make chains. I managed to get him to make 5 chains and he was done. he was off and running to play with other things about 5 minutes or so passed and he was back in and asking me to teach him so I got him started again and 5 chains and he was gone again. he did this off and on though out the day. I think he got like 40 chains done. that was the end of his learning to crochet he didn't want to learn any more he was convinced that he knew how to crochet from that point on.
    BTW that's the way he was all though school if you taught him something he was convinced he was an expert. I can only thank the good Lord that he grew out if that stage a few years ago. now he will at least admit he knows a little bit about a lot of different things. I have to say this I really did feel sorry for all his teachers he was so convinced that he knew it all that he would argue with you until you gave up.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently my great niece decided she was going to learn to crochet and I was going to teach her... I am self taught and slow at learning new ideas and have problems with stress... she picked out her color of yarn and played in my crochet hooks until she found the child hooks and sat next to me so close I couldn't breathe... i taught her how to make a slip knot and start to chain... then I started to crochet my project... and in the process forgetting all about her... she nudged me hard and in her smug 10 year old voice said... "See Auntie... I told you i could do it..." I looked at her chain and it was all crooked and wonky... then watching her for a minute crochet i noticed the child was switching hands... she was crocheting the chains with different hands... I smiled simply and explained to her she had to choose one hand while making a chain so it would be straight... she replied in a mocking voice "Auntie you crochet your way and i'll crochet my way..." I almost fell off the couch roaring in laughter... the child was having fun and she was doing her way... my hubby came into the room and the child simply said... "I made Auntie laugh extra hard Uncle... she had to wipe her eyes..." I will remember that moment forever... Thanks

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like to make filet name doilies for gifts for people. I made one for our dear friends whose last name ended in ___man. I matted and framed it myself and gave it to them for Christmas and they loved it. Then, about two weeks later, while at their house, I needed to use the bathroom. Hanging on the towel bar was a Christmas towel with their last name on it - ___mann. (2 n's)! I was so upset and asked why they didn't tell me I had made their name wrong on the doily. They said they didn't want to embarrass me. Well, I insisted I take it back and make it right, so I took it home, took it apart and frogged back to the end of the name and added another 'n'. I finished it , re-matted and framed it and returned it to them. Now, I make SURE I know how to spell a name before making a doily of it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The first pair of mittens I made were for a small hand about 5-6 years old. They actually turned out to be the size of the HULK (or giant size). Way to big. So I had to frog it, tried 3 times, guess I had the stitch wrong. Finally got it and they turned out fine.

13. Likes Barbara G., cybarra, MeerKat liked this post