Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    My first attempt at making a throw was for a friends baby shower. I chose 3 different yarns in 3 colors, all were different textures and widths. My idea was that it would have different textures for the baby to feel, and one of them was angora so it was really soft! Well, I had no idea of how complex it is to create a smooth pattern with different types of yarn, and it was well ahead of my abilities!! I was so excited about how pretty it looked, I didn't notice that it was more like a skirt than a blanket! The whole thing was like a crescent moon!! I was such a novice, I took it to a local yarn shop to ask the ladies if there was a way to undo the first chain and make it longer on the starting side of the project. Thankfully, they were very nice and explained that the only option was to undo it all. I am sure they had a wee chuckle about it later!

Loving someone is accepting them for everything they are, and everything they are not.

2. Likes Barbara G., MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Right after I got married, I decided I'd make a doily. So far, after only 3 or 4 years, I'd only made scarves and afghans, and did quite well on them, so I figured I was smart enough to figure out the pattern! It began: Chain 5, join. Make 12 sc in the ring. I could NOT, for the the life of me, figure out how you could possibly make 12 stitches in a chain of only 5!!! I kept trying to put 12 stitches in the 5 chains! Finally, I called my husband's aunt, who made at LEAST 1 large round tablecloth every two weeks (!!!). She explained, very nicely, without even laughing, that you put the sc in the RING, not the stitches!! Even today, I can't believe how I could have been so DENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    While on my way to visit friends in New Hampshire from Indiana, I decided to make my girl friend a pair of slippers. I finished up the last few stitches at her home and she was delited with them. While we were there I started on a pair for her husband. Their 4 year old Grandson was sitting beside me intently watching my every move. After a while I asked him if he would like to help me crochet and he was all excited. So I set him on my lap and had him put his hands on mine while I stitched. He was so intent on what we were doing that he sat there for an half an hour. Finally I asked him if he would like to try on his own. I sat him beside me with a hook and yarn. He got the idea rather quickly and was doing "His chains" while I made PAPA's slippers. Long story short? He now [4 years later] has a stitchin basket at Maams and Papa's house and Papa has since learned to crochet and knit! And let me tell you my girl friend is just tickled pink about it!

5. Likes Barbara G., MeerKat, dancingbaehr liked this post