Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Knooking

Post Thanks / Like
    Sassy You Keep WARM & Loom away. HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    I love knooking! Even though it is slower for me than crocheting. I needed the challenge of knitting without the hassle of manuvering(sp?) two needles. I like that I can set it down and pick up when I have the quiet time. I have all the kits now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the same way. Tried knitting several different times, it was just so awkward! I kept thinking, well, crochet was awkward at first too, and I did it, so surely... but nope, never really got it.
    I would LOVE to learn to knook! Since some of you say it is fun and easy, that gives me the encouragement to try now. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple of Knooking kits also, but just haven't gotten around to trying them. One of these days, in my spare time (but could someone just explain to me what spare time is, LOL???).

Roe

5. Likes DinahRoberts, dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do I use a crochet hook with hooks on both ends? I have one but don't ever recall using it. Thanks for any help you can give me. Right now I am crocheting a bed spread with an afghan hook. There is 24 blocks and then you embroider a flower in one corner of each block. I will post a picture when it is finished so that will be a while. Love ya all , Patty

7. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I always wanted to try. After reading this maybe I will. I will let you know how my knooking goes.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi sassy0212,

Just like meki1231, I bought a kit and put it away for future use. I DO know where it is, but am just not ready to tackle it yet. I have too many other projects to do first. I can knit, but it is too slow for me. I've heard knooking is fairly quick, so I'm anxious to try it. I'll let you all know what I think of it whenever I try it!!!

Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by sassy0212 View Post
    Has anybody tried to do knook yet? I bought me a little kit with instructions and a couple of patterns, but haven't had the chance to try it yet. I really love some of the knitted scarves so I wanted to try it. I was just wondering if it was hard?
    I tried knitting, but couldn't make my hands work together using two needles. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

10. Likes meki1231 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like we all have the kit, but haven't tried it yet. Thanks for encouragement to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    My first knook project was a basketweave pillow cover( 16x16). It is on my sofa now. The second project was a 4 ft scarf I made for a Christmas present. Now, both projects took more time than crocheting, but the satisfaction received from completing them was worth it. I am now looking for new ways to make larger and more complicated pillow covers with the knook. Most are dishcloths that I hope to make larger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    How do I use a crochet hook with hooks on both ends? I have one but don't ever recall using it. Thanks for any help you can give me. Right now I am crocheting a bed spread with an afghan hook. There is 24 blocks and then you embroider a flower in one corner of each block. I will post a picture when it is finished so that will be a while. Love ya all , Patty
    That is called a "cro-hook" you can look up patterns online for that I think. also try u tube for videos. Hugs!!!
    Dinah