Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Delivery Day

Post Thanks / Like

Delivery Day

Today was delivery day for Hats for Kindergartners for my crochet group. We delivered 53 hats enough for 3 kindergartner classes. The kids were happy and we enjoyed visiting their class rooms very much. Now on to the next grade school who has 60 students. We try to give back to our local community as much as possible.

It took us about 2 months to get these done.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi That is such an Rewarding Thing to do isnt it. To be able to visit class rooms as well as jelping make them. I Applaude you.
    God Bless and Good Luck on the 60 Hats. Hugs Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a wonderful project, may I suggest it to my hobby club in case they would like to see if any of the local schools are interested?

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't count if you didn't make pictures!! Sorry, teasing but I do love to see the pictures on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like an awesome project! Thanks for sharing with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Today was delivery day for Hats for Kindergartners for my crochet group. We delivered 53 hats enough for 3 kindergartner classes. The kids were happy and we enjoyed visiting their class rooms very much. Now on to the next grade school who has 60 students. We try to give back to our local community as much as possible.

It took us about 2 months to get these done.

Judi G
    I wish we could've seen some pictures of those hats... Can you still post some of them or a picture of the kids with them on in the class would be neat. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I don't have a working camera at this time, but if you go on Facebook under Heart Yarns you should be able to see them. We are a small group of ladies who like to get together and crochet for charity, plus going out to lunch doesn't hurt any either.....lol.
    Check us out.

Judi G

8. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a thoughtful and wonderful thing to do!! This world needs more people like you and your crochet group. I applaud you and God Bless All Of You. I would've loved to see the faces of those beautiful children when you guys walked in with all those hats! It brings a smile to my face and warms my heart.

Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed reading your wonderful post! You and your crochet group have brought such kindness and generosity to young children! Their new hats will certainly be cherished for many years to come! Thank you for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone, my Heart Yarn Group is a small group of ladies who have been growing recently. We love getting together and helping each other with patterns. Hope you can find us on Face Book and see some of the things we have done. Before finding the group I was home alone crocheting with no one to really share my love of crochet with. It's nice to have someone to talk to about my projects. Once people find out you are working towards helping others yarn just seems to show up. It's amazing how people who see you on the Internet will send their mothers left over yarn that they have stored for years. How wonderful it is to be entrusted with such prized possessions and put them to good use.

I suggest anyone who loves crochet to do the same, even if you are alone you can always find someone who may be in need of something to keep them warm.

Another idea is to contact meals on wheels to give lapghans for their customers. It helps shut in's know someone is thinking of them, and it just makes you feel good to do for others.

I for one love to crochet much more than I could ever use the items, so this is a wonderful way to get in all my crochet needs and share.

Judi G

12. Likes N/A liked this post