Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  70
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know gals, I've been crocheting for over 30 years and I have never heard the term FROGGING. I assume this means ripping out your work, due to a mistake??? Funny, how I never heard this term before! I guess I'm still learning!
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    You know gals, I've been crocheting for over 30 years and I have never heard the term FROGGING. I assume this means ripping out your work, due to a mistake??? Funny, how I never heard this term before! I guess I'm still learning!
    Hugs, Jo
    Found this for you:

"What does the term Frogging Mean?

In crochet as well as in knitting, the term “frogging” refers to pulling your yarn stitches out. Confused as to what frogs have to do with that? It’s because when we frog something made of yarn or thread, we “rip-it, rip-it” apart! (Get it? Rhymes with “ribbit?”)

Hence you’ll hear phrases about how many times someone had to “frog” a project to get it right, or how far someone got before they had to “frog it all.”

“Frogging” can also be used as a handy yarn world curse word of sorts too. As in the case of, “Well, ain’t that just froggin’ great…!” We could also carry that on to the variant “so sorry to hear that – how froggy that must be.”

Why yes, we are yarn geeks after all and we do experience frustrations from time to time in our work. Perhaps yarn art vernacular will evolve further someday and instead of something being totally “wicked” maybe we’ll say it’s “totally froggin’!”
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, did it yesterday, but only had to pull out about 12 rows on my round afghan. Working on one that has different stitches in different sections, this one was a double layered lattice type stitch that I am just winging, no pattern, just trying to figure it out. I think I finally have it now, but spent the last three days on it. Yeah!

Judi G

4. Likes seashells_Shelly, dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh so true, to many times. Working on an afghan that I am sure I have made a dozen times already. I would chuck it, but it is for a grandson, and I already told him I was making it. May finish this time next year...

6. Likes seashells_Shelly, dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    Found this for you:

"What does the term Frogging Mean?

In crochet as well as in knitting, the term “frogging” refers to pulling your yarn stitches out. Confused as to what frogs have to do with that? It’s because when we frog something made of yarn or thread, we “rip-it, rip-it” apart! (Get it? Rhymes with “ribbit?”)

Hence you’ll hear phrases about how many times someone had to “frog” a project to get it right, or how far someone got before they had to “frog it all.”

“Frogging” can also be used as a handy yarn world curse word of sorts too. As in the case of, “Well, ain’t that just froggin’ great…!” We could also carry that on to the variant “so sorry to hear that – how froggy that must be.”

Why yes, we are yarn geeks after all and we do experience frustrations from time to time in our work. Perhaps yarn art vernacular will evolve further someday and instead of something being totally “wicked” maybe we’ll say it’s “totally froggin’!”
    just don't get confused if your hubby comes home feeling a bit froggy hehehe
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, been there done that ( deep sigh ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    I love this I saw it earlier today & shared on FB. Ive been unable to connect HERE today ????
    I've the same problem for some reason. you need to contact Barbara to help you reset your account. that is what I did.

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of frogging.....my first experience with crocheting happened after a friend of a friend showed me how to do the HD ripple stitch, only about 2 hrs. instructions, then she moved the next day and I never saw her again. Welllllll.................... my first afghan turned in to the largest fan shaped thing you have ever seen. So needless to say I ripped it out over and over until I finally figured something out with it. It was when I was expecting my first child, he is soon to turn 42 in April. I had no books, and didn't know anyone else at that time who crocheted. It wasn't exactly done right, but I still used it.

Judi G

11. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Just this morning! I cannot tell if I did 39 or 40 rows on this 5 st afghan crochet length! The yarn is the Variegated Mexicana. I've attached and started another strip... Oh Well! A Non-Crocheter will not notice! Smile!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    I can relate - How about you?

Attachment 7091
    Definitely, I can relate to that. AT that point I usually cut the yarn where the mistake is and try to fix it if it's at all fixable. I am not ripping out 26 rows if I can help it. Sometimes it is just too big a mistake to be fixed without ripping it all out BOO HOO! BOO HOO! Patty