Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  127
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    buggainok,

I've been meaning to do the same thing, but haven't done it yet. You have inhspired me to "get the lead out" and do it!!
    Thanks! ~~Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I have started doing, when wanting to print out a pattern, I copy it and paste it to a Word Program. Then, if the pattern says:
    Rows 60-65: Repeat Row 2 (I type) l l l l l l on the pattern before printing it.
    Then, when I crochet, I use a pencil to mark off each row on my tick marks. When the project is finished, I just erase my pencil marks and my pattern is ready to go again. This was especially helpful when one pattern said Rows 16-48: Repeat Row 2. I had 33 tick marks lined up and marked each row off as completed. This is great when you have to stop before finishing all of those rows.
    Hugs, Jo

3. Likes Barbara G., little drummer, kayemory liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    I don't know if this qualifies as a tip, but it's something I've started doing. I don't have pattern books, as such, but print out lots and lots of patterns from the internet. They were all over the place, in my craft room, in a bag with the last yarn I used to make something, on my nightstand under a magazine...you get the picture. Sometimes, I just went back on the internet and re-printed patterns, since I couldn't find what I'd printed before.

I got a 3 ring binder at Walmart, and bought a box of plastic page protectors at Office Depot. I put each pattern in a page protector, which has 3 holes for the binder, and then into the binder. I don't have an index, but I do put all the same types of patterns together in the book, i.e. hats, scarves, afghans, etc.

When I want to make something, it is easy to flip through, find the pattern and take that page protector out.
    Well, I'll be...I do the same, bugga! How bout that?
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've noted that bobby pins are popular. I never thought of that, mainly because I don't have any bobby pins. But I use small safety pins to mark a stitch.

(This is frustrating having to continue to log in when trying to post. GRRRRRowl!)
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cvarr View Post
    If I have a pattern that I have struggled with and finally found the "miracle" that made it all come together - I take a picture of the item and the Problem area. I print the pic and put notes on the paper of what my confusion was and how I resolved it. If I don't, and I go back to a project a year later - I sit and wonder..... hmmmmm I had this issue before..... what did I find that helped me....... and the search has to start all over again. So this way, I have my Issue, My pic, and my Solution right in front of me - in my binder, with the pattern. Life is Good!
    cvarr,

That is an excellent idea! I have a couple of projects I have put away unfinished, and I know I'll have a hard time getting back into what to do next. From now on, I'll do it your way! Thanks!!
    Hugs, Jo

8. Likes cvarr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I most always take my laptop with me, when se go visit our sons, so I keep my patterns all copied on a zip drive, all I need to do is grab my bag with most of my supplies already kept in it, off we go. I have taught both my DILs to crochet, so it's fun time. So many beautiful, cute, free patterns on line, all to save!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post

(This is frustrating having to continue to log in when trying to post. GRRRRRowl!)
    Are you viewing the newsletter or are you on the forums? Also, are you on a tablet or regular computer?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an inexpensive vinyl tablecloth on my lap, then place my knitting or crochet project on top of the vinyl cloth, to help keep the pet hair off my work. I also keep my yarn in a ziplock bag when working on projects. With 7 dogs and 2 cats, it really has helped to keep my projects cleaner and a lot less pet hair! I hope this makes sense!
    Last edited by determined_to-crochet; 01-20-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: miss spelled words

Post Thanks / Like
    I use different color yarn to make rows or stitches depending on the projcet. Also read the pattern before starting nothing worse then messing up because you didn't read the pattern correctly and don't give up there are so many people/video's out there for help and inspiration.

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a tip for when you have a long tail that you're reserving to sew a seam later and want it out of the way for now, wind it up (I wrapped it around my finger) and clip it to the part that's been done.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

15. Likes Barbara G., N/A, dancingbaehr liked this post