Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Wrong Colors

Post Thanks / Like

Red face First post

Hello friends!
    I guess it goes without saying that I'm new to this site. I've been crocheting for a while now. I only do afghans and doilies. Mostly because I am too unsure about trying anything wearable. Someone asked if other people experience second thoughts about the colors they use when making something like afghans. I have. I've learned to make a large swatch in the colors I think I want. This way if the colors are not right, I am not wasting a lot of time, undoing what I did. I hope that helps.
    Well, that's it for this time.

2. Likes taral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingdeb View Post
    You mean you aren't supposed to start a project, get frustrated with said project, rip out a good portion of said project, and then basically start the project over and it is completely changed up. Gee, that is the way mine usually go. Oh well, I try to tell myself this is a learning process. You would think that I had learned enough by now, but apparently not.

My favorite colors are burgandy and forest green whether it be yarn, fabric or whatever.

I am sure all will go great from her on. Deb

That sounds like me right now! I'm making a stash buster ripple afghan to use up some partial balls in a pattern I've used many, many times before (its one that I wrote myself) and after getting about 24" done I'm wishing I had used the yarn to try my hand at my idea for a round stash buster afghan! Now I'm telling myself that I have to finish this one before I even start on a round one otherwise this one won't ever get finished.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I am now using the med. brown and carrot alone in an afghan. I like the two of them together. I knew I would find a use for them. I don't know why I just didn't like them along with the corn meal. I am happy with what I am doing now any way.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    You are a good person to undo 30 rows. When I have myself unhappy with a color combination I cut the threads / yarns and throw the used threads / yarns away. I don't have the patience to deal with unraveling the stitches. Yet on the other hand I will spend hours unraveling a ball of yarn that has been turn inside out with knots (due to the kind attention of my dad's dog). I don't mind that but I don't unravel work done.

We all love instant gratification and I too understand the angst of only having a poorly stocked Walmart for my yarn selections (forget about thread selection unless you like peaches and cream cotton yarn). When I really want a color combination for a special project and Walmart has disappointed me I did out my stash of yarns and make little tiny quick items till either I can go to town and get what I want or if a trip to town is not in the near future I order from the internet. With the price of gas these days sometimes shipping / handling is less expensive than the gas it takes to drive to the next town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes purchasing online can be much less aggravating than driving around town to find something. I've found that many of my customers are quite surprised when their yarns turn up on their doorstop only a couple of days after they've ordered!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

7. Likes taral liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, isn't it awesome how quickly you receive items. And if there is a holiday or something special going o sometimes you can even get free or upgraded shipping. And even better with the computer you buy patterns and download them immediately. Wow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Song View Post
    Hello friends!
    I guess it goes without saying that I'm new to this site. I've been crocheting for a while now. I only do afghans and doilies. Mostly because I am too unsure about trying anything wearable. Someone asked if other people experience second thoughts about the colors they use when making something like afghans. I have. I've learned to make a large swatch in the colors I think I want. This way if the colors are not right, I am not wasting a lot of time, undoing what I did. I hope that helps.
    Well, that's it for this time.
    Hello and welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! Hope you enjoy the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I'm doing something like an afghan, what I usually do is find a varigated yarn I like and try to pull the other colors out of that. They are already blended... if I need another color, I just try to find a neutral that goes with all of them...

Post Thanks / Like
    added you to my faves, crochetgal!
    Last edited by taral; 02-04-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a suggestion, but have you tried buying your yarns over the internet? You can go to Red Heart or Lion Brand for any product web-site you like to use. I'm always doing goofy things, it's just part of life. lol Diana