Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  47
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by actress2 View Post
    My problem with the croc stitch was in alternating a row of 3 to a row of 4 and back to 3 again.
    I also made a "rectangular" shawl in 2 pieces. I watched a video by Mikey on YouTube of "Crocodile Stitch - How To crochet" by The Crochet Crowd. His was the easiest tutorial of the crocodile stitch and how to do rows. Check it out.

2. Likes Barbara G., Judi Gums, N/A, nettielou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes the videos go too fast for me have to stop it frequently to catch on. I have to read the pattern over and over and try it over and over to get the pattern down pat. Sometimes I have to put it down and when I go back to it, it clicks in my mind and it makes sense. I am still learning like I said I have not crochet in over 30 years and it is kind of new to me. But learning allot of new things and it is fun to crochet at it everyday. I just love to crochet text mitts which is fingerless gloves.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Miss Shirley Im sitting and wishing I had a wand to wave for an answer for you. Have you tried different people with same
    Project?? What is it your trying to make? You DONT GIVE UP try reading up on other peoples questions & answers section. Ask at Community Centers, High Schools, etc. Good Luck HUN !!

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i like to watch it and work the stitches... and a pattern is always helpful... i learned how to work in spirals today and made an egg by using my imagination... she's really cute in a dorky kind of way... she's my first attempt...

8. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    newwielou Congrats on learning a new st and using your imagination. Love to see your 1st egg. Good For YOU!!

10. Likes nettielou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Susan.... sometimes i just need a little encouragement to do something new... now that i understand the concept of how spirals work i can make all the patterns i have wanted to do... thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    YouTube has taught me most of what I know about knitting and crocheting. Written Tutorials with pictures are also very helpful.

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    you tubes are very helpful

15. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I have a new pattern to learn I will sometimes write the pattern out and it will help on the difficult parts of the pattern.

Judi G

17. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out knitting and crocheting by having my mother show me how to do it. Many years later, and not having done much
    I decided to make my dad a special sweater. He always said he would wear a sweater if it buttoned and had pockets. I picked a lovely pattern (which I had no idea how to use) with cables backed by moss-stitch in panels down front and back and sleeves, set-in pockets and moss stitch collar and button panel. My mother would show me how to do it.....NOT....she had a fit, all her beautiful creations and she had never used a pattern in her life, she looked at pictures and figured it out....can you imagine! I sat down and figured out the pattern and the stitches and made the sweater and it turned out beautifully. My dad wore it proudly and when he passed, mom returned it to me. That sweater is 30 years old and I still wear it. Anyway, nowadays I love to find the stitch or method I need on video online where I can stop and start it as I need to....and sometimes I need to many times

19. Likes Barbara G., cvarr liked this post