Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  47
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading the pattern, if the pattern doesn't make sense and there is a chart I follow the chart. If I have forgotten how to do a stitch I'll google it.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned with a crochet beginner's book (Teach Yourself To Crochet) and still use the written pattern. I do like to watch the videos, then click on the link for the pattern - it seems to help me learn the pattern faster.

4. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are so many ways that I learn to crochet. Years and Years ago - when I was very young - My gramma taught me. That was the best. Now that she is gone, I just find something that I want to crochet because I love the way it looks and I want to make one - I find the pattern, print it, and start right in. lol.... most of the time - I get stuck somewhere - so off to GOOGLE I go. I find a lot of info from going from one site to another and then putting it all together so that I can make sense of it all. I take the best from all the sites until I understand what I am doing - then I take pics and write down what I did and add that to the pattern for ease later in doing the project again.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    that is the best way to learn to crochet take one stitch at a time and practiced it and then moved on to the next I feel that is the best way to learn to crochet

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like following videos the most, but I have finally gotten to a point where I can look at a clear picture and reproduce a pattern from a picture or if I have the item in hand I can normally reproduce it by looking at it. I find patterns are sometimes not as clear or have mistakes in them that frustrates me.
    When first learning to crochet it was trial and error for me, I think that helped me learn to read the stitches like that.

Judi G

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Videos mostly. However, some vids are filmed with hands in the way of the camera angle and the instructor works to fast. Then I have to muddle through the written pattern.

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    get a book on I taught myself and follow each stitch till you understand it and then move on to the next stitch they even give you projects to make that is the best way I think

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I can do anything with a well written pattern. I have the highest admiration for good pattern makers. Vaunda

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just read patterns and off I go. I'm able to follow any pattern. With this ability I'm also able to know when there is a mistake in the pattern. I get books with different pattern stitches and use the stitches when I'm designing a shawl. Have to have a stitch that looks the same going up and coming down (just imagine a shawl around your neck hanging down in front of you), or I have to do the stitch in two pieces. I have also learned some things with videos (crocodile stitch). I collect books (some are subscriptions), videos, and print lots of patterns for the ladies in our group.

18. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My problem with the croc stitch was in alternating a row of 3 to a row of 4 and back to 3 again.