Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  91
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I use the H/8-5.00 MM. It's by Boye. Sometimes I use a K hook, which is also by Boye. I,m pretty sure the K hook is from my grandma. I like the K hook because then it goes faster - because the further on down the alphabet, the bigger the crochet hook. Some of the hooks were from my grandma. I had a beginners crochet hook that had a thicker handle and a smaller hook that I gave to my niece who wanted to learn how to crochet -I wasn't using that crochet hook. I also have some of the steel crochet hooks from my grandma(1,10,11 by Boye &(2) 2.55 MM by Susan Bates) I had some other steel crochet hooks from my grandma but I used them when I was doing loom knitting and at the time didn't have anything to put the yarn over the pegs with so I used a crochet hook and well a couple or so bent and I ended up throwing them away. I've never used the steel # crochet hooks from my grandma.

I also have a F and G crochet hook. I had a I hook but gave it to my niece. I didn't care about the 'I' hook. I used the N crochet hook when knitting with plastic bags but the hook kept coming apart. Wrapped masking tape around it but that didn't help much.

Sometimes my hands will sweat when crocheting which makes the crochet hook squeak. When that happens I use a towel to dry my hands. The last time it happened, I also wiped off the crochet hook with the towel. Any other ideas on what to do when that happens?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Susan Bates Aluminum needles . Usually I use h or I for yarn and 0or1 for the thin thread. I don't like the Boye needles because I don't like there point